[Girl Genius] Lunatic or Tyrant (was: The people of Mechanicsburg . . .)

  • Jefferson
    Message 1 of 7 , May 31 10:43 PM
      Jefferson wrote:
      > (Sure they're evil tyrants, but they're OUR evil tyrants.)

      OK. "Dangerous lunatics" instead of "evil tyrants," but can I
      claim a Moxana point anyway?

      Personally, I'd rather work for an evil tyrant, but lots of
      people I know would rather work for a dangerous lunatic. Overall
      I'd say there's no real difference in terms of safety or quality
      of life. . .

      I'll also note that however "dangerous" and "lunatic" they may
      have been they still allowed a town to flourish on their doorstep
      and grow "safe, secure, and FAT from the spoils of conquest."
      They may have been dangerous lunatics, but they weren't _insane._

      (Also: "PUSH!" CRASH!, but no cries of alarm or disappointment?
      I think I have a new favorite panel to replace "It's a falling
      machine.")

      --
      Jefferson
      http://www.meanspc.com/~jeff_wilson63/fiction/
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 1, 2007
        Michael Hopcroft <mhopcroft@...> wrote:
        > Krosp must be desperately hungry if he'd eat a rat that's been
        > in the ground, though.....

        Ha! That tyke's just been well-trained, obviously.

        A *quality* grave-robber doesn't just dump the corpse on the masters
        table while it's still caked with sod!

        Ya gotta hose 'em off before delivery!