Translating Skiffy

  • Elizabeth McCoy
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2006
      (Wait... Skifander -- skiffy -- sci-fi?)

      Anyway, here's my guess. I'm mostly sure of the middle two, there.

      Klaus: Djorok'ku skifandias VON?!
      A Skifandrian princess HERE?

      Zeetha: Ah--Ah-- Zur baken SKIFF?
      Ah, ah... You speak SKIFANDRIAN?
      [Or "You know Skifandrian?"]

      Klaus: KAR! Mor baken Skiff!"
      YES! I speak Skiffandrian!
      [or, "Yes! I know Skiffandrian!"]

      Klaus: Braka na ZANTA-- *glurk*
      Explain now WHY-- *glurk*

      --
      --Beth, arcangel@... / archangel@... In Nomine Line Editor
      http://www.io.com/~arcangel/
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 3, 2006
        Did this off-stage voice come from Klaus or from someone else? It's not
        clear from the direction.

        If it's Klaus, what has happened to him? Because I strongly suspect he
        would not have to ask who she was if she wasn't Agatha -- even if she hadn't
        just attacked him with a slaver wasp and then once again broken the Evil
        Overlord rules by revealing herself to an enemy she *thought* she had under
        control.

        If it's someone else, who is it? The word balloon could indicate someone in
        Spark mode, but it could also be a Jaeger ... and if they know the
        difference between Agatha and Lucrezia, it's definitely the beginning of the
        end for Lucrezia.

        Janet Anderson

        * * * * * * * * * * * * *
        What do they do,
        the singers, tale-writers, dancers, painters, shapers, makers?
        They go there with empty hands,
        into the gap between.
        They come back with things in their hands.
        "Artists," Ursula K. Le Guin

      • robunsen
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 3, 2006
          --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "Janet Anderson" <dorigen@...> wrote:

          > Did this off-stage voice come from Klaus or from someone else? It's
          not
          > clear from the direction.
          >
          > If it's Klaus, what has happened to him? Because I strongly suspect he
          > would not have to ask who she was if she wasn't Agatha -- even if
          she hadn't
          > just attacked him with a slaver wasp and then once again broken the
          Evil
          > Overlord rules by revealing herself to an enemy she *thought* she
          had under
          > control.
          >
          > If it's someone else, who is it? The word balloon could indicate
          someone in
          > Spark mode, but it could also be a Jaeger ... and if they know the
          > difference between Agatha and Lucrezia, it's definitely the
          beginning of the
          > end for Lucrezia.
          >

          > Janet Anderson
          >

          > * * * * * * * * * * * * *
          > What do they do,
          > the singers, tale-writers, dancers, painters, shapers, makers?
          > They go there with empty hands,
          > into the gap between.
          > They come back with things in their hands.
          > "Artists," Ursula K. Le Guin

          > All-in-one security and maintenance for your PC. Get a free 90-day
          trial!

          I think it's pretty clear that it's Klaus. If the direction of the
          speech bubble doesn't cinch it, look at the wavyness of it. Only the
          Baron is that disoriented right now.