Re: 101 spoiler Klaus Infected?

  • popup_target
    Message 1 of 31 , Nov 1, 2006
      --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "Sea Change" <nakedkali@...> wrote:

      > Sea Change, taking the Klaus Defence League
      > badge out of my trophy case and giving it a good
      > burnishing

      No kidding, that last panel really drives home the point that compared
      to the currently available alternatives (Agatha isn't politically
      astute enough yet to fill the role), Klaus is hands down the best
      person we've met for his position. Life in Europa would go seriously
      downhill under Tarvek, the Other, and anyone else I can think of.

      I've always felt that Klaus isn't being the Baron because he wants
      peace and quiet to do his experiments, but because the peace and quiet
      is good for the common man. This is another indication that he
      probably does have compassion for the common man. In his situation,
      burning Sturmhalten to the ground would be a much more reliable
      solution, at least in the short term. Instead, he's looking for the
      solution that works out well for the populace of Sturmhalten. Of
      course, that last line shows that he's still being practical, possibly
      more so than some people would feel comfortable with.
    • rja_carnegie
      Message 31 of 31 , Nov 2, 2006
        --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "David Kastrup" <dak@...> wrote:
        > You don't stay ruler of the world by picking
        > any fights you don't need to start in the first place.
        > Klaus has no idea how many revenants in full possession
        > of their capacities exist. If he can contain them through
        > Agatha, he would be a fool to start a war on them.
        > In fact, they might be even more useful to him than
        > non-revenants.

        I think Klaus can estimate the revenant population from
        the numbers that were found on Castle Wulfenbach, and from
        where they came from before.

        I think the only people who wouldn't expose a revenant
        are their own family members. If people are scared of
        Sparks then they must be more scared of revenants,
        pod people after a fashion.

        A catch is that the world does not know yet that there
        are non-shambling revenatnts, so it will indeed look as
        though Agatha is leading a popular uprising of democratic
        expression against Klaus and he's gunning them down.
        His own forces won't be happy about that.