Re: I knew Dupree was smart!

  • Michael Lehmeier
    Message 1 of 31 , Nov 1, 2006
      > I'm still giving it my best to find a fault in Dupree's argument.
      > As of now, no dice.

      I do.
      She automatically assumes that any servant of the Other automatically
      has to be a revenant, which seems to be true most of the times but not
      always. (see Aaronev)
      Still, I think this is the general assumption. I doubt that Bang knows
      that sparks can't be infected. Maybe even Klaus doesn't know.

      So, Dupree's argument may be faulty but is still reasonable.

      Did I just use "reasonable" and "Dupree" in the same sentence?

      Besides that, this strip pretty much confirms what was suspected: Things
      can probably only end in a happy end if either Agatha or the unedited
      message reaches the Baron. Only a misinformed rescue party could prevent
      that. Let's hope it doesn't come to that.

      What has changed are the stakes: Before today I thought that Sturmhalten
      was doomed regardless of what Agatha does. But now it seems that
      Sturmhalten is only going to be destroyed if Agatha or her message
      doesn't get to the Baron. This isn't about Agatha anymore. It's about
      the people of Sturmhalten.
    • rja_carnegie
      Message 31 of 31 , Nov 2, 2006
        --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "David Kastrup" <dak@...> wrote:
        > You don't stay ruler of the world by picking
        > any fights you don't need to start in the first place.
        > Klaus has no idea how many revenants in full possession
        > of their capacities exist. If he can contain them through
        > Agatha, he would be a fool to start a war on them.
        > In fact, they might be even more useful to him than
        > non-revenants.

        I think Klaus can estimate the revenant population from
        the numbers that were found on Castle Wulfenbach, and from
        where they came from before.

        I think the only people who wouldn't expose a revenant
        are their own family members. If people are scared of
        Sparks then they must be more scared of revenants,
        pod people after a fashion.

        A catch is that the world does not know yet that there
        are non-shambling revenatnts, so it will indeed look as
        though Agatha is leading a popular uprising of democratic
        expression against Klaus and he's gunning them down.
        His own forces won't be happy about that.