Re: What if . . .

  • jsheikg
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 31, 2006
      > ...I don't think that that's what's actually going to happen, mind,
      > since it would clean things up too neatly (why even bother to
      > introduce the new Lucrezia only to deal with her so quickly?) But it
      > would probably be what Tarvek is planning if he can keep Agatha from
      > ruining things.

      Actually it could.

      Things could work out that Clank/Anevka gets restored to her old body
      and joins Klaus in the role of Revenant Controller General.

      Clank/Lucrezia winds up in an evacuated bell jar on Klaus' desk.

      Tarvek (if he survives) is confined to his little domain in the
      mountains waiting for the Giesterdamen to come back looking for the
      Lost Mistress. If this happens, Tarvek is in a position to re-create
      a clueless Other/Lucrezia using the Improved Summoning Engine. Thus
      another reason for introducing Clank/Lucrezia.

      If he doesn't survive, the Giesterdamen may go back to plan A and try
      to re-acquire Agatha, perhaps this time convinced she *is* the Mistress.

      This actually has the potential for no less than three or four sources
      of Revenant Chaos.

      Sounds like fun!
    • elan_paragon
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 1, 2006
        --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "McClure, Kate" <kate.mcclure@...>
        wrote:
        > Who ya gonna believe?

        Sorry, I still believe that there has been no lying. Everything
        anyone has said is what they believe.
      • David Kastrup
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 1, 2006
          --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, aquillion <no_reply@...> wrote:

          > It'd be "Anevka's" word against there, yes, but the Baron is certain
          > to want to inspect her closely when Tarvek claims that the real
          > Anevka is dead. Lucrevka can't make a decent excuse against that,
          > and won't be able to come up with an explaination that will keep her
          > from being shut down.

          Agatha has a sparky tune that her clanks can play in order to get her
          to get the upper hand.

          Lunevka is good at voice production and if there was any such auditory
          signal for waking Lucrezia, she'd know it.

          So in basically any trial setting, Lunevka would likely have the power
          to swap Agatha for Lucregatha again.

          So flushing all of Lucrezia "out of the system" in one go could be
          pretty difficult. And that's before we take into account that there
          is now a summoning engine generic enough to even transfer Lucrezia
          into a clank brain. It should certainly work with flesh-and-blood
          subjects now without the need of direct relationship.
        • rja_carnegie
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 1, 2006
            aquillion <no_reply@...> wrote:
            > Wouldn't work for several reasons. The fact that Lucrezia
            > was the Other doesn't seem to have been a big secret among
            > the castle denizens.

            I disagree. I think the ordinary people in the palace
            don't know that Lucrezia Mongfish was The Other and that
            the Geisterdamen are The Other's servants. Only the
            royal family, the Geisterdamen, and the Shadow Knights
            knew the situation. Even when Aaronev puts Agatha
            into the chair, the human servants present may only
            know that he's trying to restore Lucrezia, without
            knowing that she's The Other.

            So I think Vrin might be his only accuser who was
            actually there. Electrolucz, though, could claim to
            be the original Anevka - or to believe herself to be
            that - and accuse him as well. She could order revenants
            to lie as witnesses - well, they'd be spotted, apparently.

            If Electrolucz is exposed, Klaus's mutant ability to identify
            the manufacturer of sparkwork will point the finger at Tarvek
            - he made that, apparently.

            Incidentally, I need to remind myself that Tarvek just
            might be playing for the big stakes of having Klaus
            somehow restore Anevka - flesh-and-blood Anevka -
            mostly since Klaus has a spare female body apparently
            waiting for a brain. Although by now Boris's brain
            could be in it... but no, Klaus doesn't abuse Boris.
            "That's what the Jagermonsters are for!"

            And I think poor Olga has just finished with her role
            of being Agatha's stage double - she's just another
            corpse and won't be reappearing in the story.
            Outside chance, though, that Gil borrows her
            to put Judy into. Judy wasn't doing well, last seen.