What's Next - Advanced Class.

  • mangeloduran
    Message 1 of 7 , Aug 29, 2006
      So we have the lesser priestess out, Vrin playing light bulb (and
      either dead (not likely in my book) or out of commission for a while).
      So who saves the our heroines physical form from Anveka's enlightenment.

      1 - Anveka runs out of Juice by some weird stroke of luck.
      2 - 'Lucretia' takes Anveka out from the back.
      3 - The Rescue Party comes and plays dismantle the electro clank.
      4 - Wooster comes and plays grab the Heterodyne (For Queen or Friend?)
      5 - Gil does in Anveka (Wooster took Agatha's message back to the
      Castle)
      6 - Agatha regains control and takes Anveka out.
      7 - The Dingbots do something to take Anveka out.
      8 - Klaus does Anveka in (He just seems to know who's who)
      9 - Anveka does a glancing blow that shocks Agatha back to control,
      permanently, but leaves Agathe about to be toasted by Anveka (and
      restart this list for Friday/Monday.
      10 - We get a Anveka monologue. about her plans.
      11 - We get posturing by both sides and that is it.

      So, My weird list of story direction I could think of from the present
      point...
    • mangeloduran
      Message 2 of 7 , Aug 29, 2006
        --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "mangeloduran" <mangeloduran@...>
        wrote:

        > So we have the lesser priestess out, Vrin playing light bulb (and
        > either dead (not likely in my book) or out of commission for a while).
        > So who saves the our heroines physical form from Anveka's
        enlightenment.
        ---CLIP---
        > 10 - We get a Anveka monologue. about her plans.
        > 11 - We get posturing by both sides and that is it.
        >
        > So, My weird list of story direction I could think of from the present
        > point...

        And Number 10 it is.
      • rja_carnegie
        Message 3 of 7 , Aug 30, 2006
          wrote:

          > So we have the lesser priestess out, Vrin playing light bulb (and
          > either dead (not likely in my book) or out of commission for a
          while).
          > So who saves the our heroines physical form from Anveka's
          enlightenment.

          Did you leave someone off your list? I'm predicting
          once again that Tarvek Will Astound Them. Let's see
          what that thing that he's hung in /really/ does.
          Do you suppose it's a prototype Personal Trainer,
          and with a flick of the wrist, the bladey things
          point outwards? Also, screwdrivers, battery discharger,
          can opener etc. And we haven't seen how big Tarvek's
          death ray is, yet.

          So, that, or the townspeople will come in and say
          "Aren't you finished yet? Your dinner's getting cold."

          Well, on second thoughts, Anevka... maybe not. It's just
          she's so /talky/. And by the Laws of Fight Scenes, Agatha,
          Lucregatha, Tarvek, or What's In The Chair now are
          entitled to a free hit at Anevka. I mean, what's the point
          of telling someone that you're going to kill them! All it
          does is motivate them!

          That unless Anevka /does/ intend /not/ to kill Agatha but
          to cure her, and is persuading Lucrezia to vacate Agatha's
          body. Although I still think that Anevka might like to
          have a useable human body again - she hasn't said so, though.

          I'm also holding to the belief that killing Lucregatha, which
          Tarvek apparently could have done, would not eliminate
          Lucrezia / The Other as a threat, which is why he didn't
          do it - that Lucregatha is a copy of Lucrezia and other
          copies can be made - W.I.T.CH. sounds like another Lucrezia,
          perhaps the original and probably Tarvek-proof.

          This, however, implies that Lucregatha has no particular
          reason to vacate Agatha - but I can invent one; suppose
          that if they die together then they can be resurrected
          and controlled and Lucregatha's mind read and her plans
          stolen.

          I also have to admit that Tarvek apparently passed up on
          killing Lucregatha - or killing Agatha - specifically
          to get as many of the secrets of her weapons for himself
          as he could... although he had already tuned Anevka
          for that purpose - but he wasn't sure that she could do it.
          Certainly there's more to Lucrezia's secrets than the voice.

          Or he's in love with Agatha - although he's known her
          extremely briefly (but heard all the chief points of her
          life story), and under duress and betrayal - but even so...

          After all, he gets to cuddle her on the cover of book six...
          in her kajas.

          But, what about the spark wasp! That's like Chekhov's loaded
          gun - we've seen it once, isn't it likely to come back!
          (Although I'd just as soon someone trod on the little ball
          and crushed it.)
        • aquillion
          Message 4 of 7 , Aug 30, 2006
            "rja_carnegie" <rja_carnegie@...> wrote:
            > That unless Anevka /does/ intend /not/ to kill Agatha but
            > to cure her, and is persuading Lucrezia to vacate Agatha's
            > body. Although I still think that Anevka might like to
            > have a useable human body again - she hasn't said so, though.
            >
            > I'm also holding to the belief that killing Lucregatha, which
            > Tarvek apparently could have done, would not eliminate
            > Lucrezia / The Other as a threat, which is why he didn't
            > do it - that Lucregatha is a copy of Lucrezia and other
            > copies can be made - W.I.T.CH. sounds like another Lucrezia,
            > perhaps the original and probably Tarvek-proof.

            Anevka does have several compelling reasons to kill Lucregatha in any
            case:

            First, regardless of Lucrezia's other plans, Lucregatha represents
            competition for The Voice.

            Second, she Knows Too Much, even before Anevka decided to get all
            talkative about her plans. The fewer people around to blabber about
            what actually happened to Aaronev, the better.

            Third, too many other people know about things Agatha, either that
            she was in the castle or bits of her background, or both... the
            circus, all the guards at the castle, all of Lucrezia's servants, her
            brother, possibly even the Baron... As long as they think she's
            alive, word could get out, and if the Baron hears any of it there's a
            dangerous chance that he could put two and two together (we know that
            he already did, of course). Even if he didn't, there's still a huge
            risk that he'd want to talk to her. Executing Lucregatha would solve
            all this; even if the Baron knows most of the truth, blaming
            Lucregatha's corpse would still fit in with most of the available
            facts while leaving Anevka in the clear.

            Fourth, we don't know how much Anevka trusts her brother, but in any
            case dealing with Lucregatha in a final sort of way would cut off a
            lot of potential betrayals from him.

            Fifth, no matter what other oars Lucrezia has in the water, it's
            obvious that she wanted to get Agatha's body very, very badly. The
            Other wanting something is a good enough reason as any for Anevka to
            take it away from her.
          • Pat OConnell
            Message 5 of 7 , Aug 30, 2006
              --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, aquillion <no_reply@...> wrote:

              > "rja_carnegie" <rja_carnegie@> wrote:
              >
              > Anevka does have several compelling reasons to kill Lucregatha in any
              > case:
              >
              > First, regardless of Lucrezia's other plans, Lucregatha represents
              > competition for The Voice.

              Well, Agatha already has that voice. Anevka's is a copy of course, and
              may be imperfect. I wonder if Lucreagatha or Agatha alone can command
              all of Anevka's Revenants...

              > Second, she Knows Too Much, even before Anevka decided to get all
              > talkative about her plans. The fewer people around to blabber about
              > what actually happened to Aaronev, the better.
              >
              > Third, too many other people know about things Agatha, either that
              > she was in the castle or bits of her background, or both... the
              > circus, all the guards at the castle, all of Lucrezia's servants
              > all this; even if the Baron knows most of the truth, blaming
              > Lucregatha's corpse would still fit in with most of the available
              > facts while leaving Anevka in the clear.
              >
              > Fourth, we don't know how much Anevka trusts her brother, but in any
              > case dealing with Lucregatha in a final sort of way would cut off a
              > lot of potential betrayals from him.

              Yup--Tarvek's still in love with Agatha, so is likely to keep Anevka
              from killing Lucregatha.

              We know that Agatha somehow survives all these tribulations (as do
              Krosp and Zeetha, at least), because that training story's considered
              canon, as are the appearances in the Time Windows (though we don't
              know whether the Clank/person in the opening book is Lucrezia or
              Agatha or someone else). So, Lucrezia's personality is somehow going
              to be removed from Agatha. Maybe to the entity in the flower chair,
              maybe just destroyed somehow.

              > Fifth, no matter what other oars Lucrezia has in the water, it's
              > obvious that she wanted to get Agatha's body very, very badly. The
              > Other wanting something is a good enough reason as any for Anevka to
              > take it away from her.

              Lucrezia thought she'd have her daughter's body all to herself so she
              could continue her Otherness. Hasn't quite work out that way...so far.
            • aquillion
              Message 6 of 7 , Aug 30, 2006
                "Pat OConnell" <gypkap@...> wrote:
                > We know that Agatha somehow survives all these tribulations
                > (as do Krosp and Zeetha, at least), because that training
                > story's considered canon, as are the appearances in the Time
                > Windows (though we don't know whether the Clank/person in the
                > opening book is Lucrezia or Agatha or someone else). So,
                > Lucrezia's personality is somehow going to be removed from
                > Agatha. Maybe to the entity in the flower chair, maybe just
                > destroyed somehow.

                To be technical... we don't -know- that that's really Agatha in all
                those other scenes. She acts like Agatha, we've taken her to be
                Agatha, and it's fairly insane to suggest that Lucrezia would be
                helping Von Zinzer or joking around with Krosp, but who knows?
                Perhaps she's decided that pretending to be a cured Agatha would be
                useful to her plans and is just getting really, really into it.

                Maybe she even started growing an Agatha clone before this scene as
                an alternate host, who will appear in exactly the necessary scenes
                and then get killed.

                Maybe Tarvek will go insane after Agatha's death and manage to
                produce a perfect Agatha-replicant clank who will go on to have a few
                adventures before breaking down.
              • Elizabeth McCoy
                Message 7 of 7 , Aug 31, 2006
                  At 4:32 AM +0000 8/31/06, aquillion wrote:
                  >To be technical... we don't -know- that that's really Agatha in all
                  >those other scenes. She acts like Agatha, [...]

                  Perhaps she's a merged Agacrezia, with the Agatha personality coming
                  out on top, and all the memories of a vastly powerful and apparently
                  callous Other...

                  Man, that could make talking to Gil's dad... awkward.

                  Very awkward, that.
                  --
                  --Beth, arcangel@... http://www.io.com/~arcangel/