Advanced speculation: now that Anevka has ...

  • rja_carnegie
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 31, 2006
      Speculation for the Advanced story. (Does /anyone/ have the
      continence and the parsimony to read 101 online, /not/ buy the
      books, and /not/ read Advanced?)

      Well,

      so

      anyway

      here

      goes.

      When Lucregatha discovers that Anevka has claimed the townspeople
      and Lucregatha can't control them (if Anevka is right about that),
      will Lucrezia decide to transfer herself to a clank body similar
      to Anevka's, perhaps Anevka's own, which the people will recognise
      as their Mistress, and in so doing, remove herself from Agatha?
    • Martin Hooper
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 31, 2006
        On 31/07/2006 rja_carnegie wrote:
        > Speculation for the Advanced story. (Does /anyone/ have the
        > continence and the parsimony to read 101 online, /not/ buy the
        > books, and /not/ read Advanced?)

        Nope - Not buying the books for financial reasons but reading both 101
        and Advanced on the web....

        > Well,
        >
        > so
        >
        > anyway
        >
        > here
        >
        > goes.

        more

        spoiler

        space

        here

        > When Lucregatha discovers that Anevka has claimed the townspeople
        > and Lucregatha can't control them (if Anevka is right about that),
        > will Lucrezia decide to transfer herself to a clank body similar
        > to Anevka's, perhaps Anevka's own, which the people will recognise
        > as their Mistress, and in so doing, remove herself from Agatha?

        I blooming well hope she does get out of Agatha's body sooner rather
        than later however and whatever the reason...

        I'm hoping eventually that Agatha turns out fine after all of this.
        Maybe she gets some of the Others sparkyness as well...
      • aquillion
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 31, 2006
          --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, Martin Hooper <martinjh@...> wrote:

          > I blooming well hope she does get out of Agatha's body sooner
          rather
          > than later however and whatever the reason...
          >
          > I'm hoping eventually that Agatha turns out fine after all of this.
          > Maybe she gets some of the Others sparkyness as well...

          I think that Other Sparkyness -IS- Agatha Sparkyness. Think about
          it: Lucrezia never used to seem this sparky. Then, out of nowhere,
          she suddenly has all of these amazing devices, such as slaver
          wasps... but she doesn't seem to have had any ability to improve on
          them. Around the same time, she makes a 'prophecy' that she will be
          transferred into her daughter.

          I think that, to an extent, Klaus might be right: Agatha (or at
          least her brain) is the 'original' Other and the creator of the
          Other's weapons. Lucrezia, now inside Agatha's body, gets to use her
          super-sparky Heterodyne brain to develop Hive Engines and all the
          other devices, then uses that same brain to make a time-window
          machine and use her Lucrezia-as-Agatha inventions in the past, before
          anyone gets a chance to stop her. At the same time, of course, she
          tells her past self all the things she'll need to do to make sure
          things happen the proper way.

          In other words, during the Other War, Lucrezia wasn't actually that
          great of a spark; she just had all the things she'd sent to herself
          from the future, when she had Agatha's brain to work with.
        • Paul Andinach
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 31, 2006
            On Mon, 31 Jul 2006, aquillion wrote:

            > I think that Other Sparkyness -IS- Agatha Sparkyness. Think about
            > it: Lucrezia never used to seem this sparky.

            On what do you base that statement?

            Paul
            --
            "Hold fast to the one noble thing."
          • Corgi
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 31, 2006
              --- Paul Andinach <pandinac@...> wrote:

              > On Mon, 31 Jul 2006, aquillion wrote:
              >
              >> I think that Other Sparkyness -IS- Agatha Sparkyness. Think about
              >> it: Lucrezia never used to seem this sparky.
              >
              > On what do you base that statement?

              On one of the things Klaus said to Bang about his theorising.

              Corgi