Re: [Girl Genius] Oh!

  • Mark Space
    Message 1 of 59 , Jul 1, 2006
      Cheese goddess wrote:
      > Forget me. But what and @$$ Hole! "Goodbye" And just up away he goes!
      > Well...if that's not a slap to the face I don't know what is...but I
      > must say I haven't laughed so hard since Oggie waved and asked who
      > wanted to be his friend. Phil and Kaja *shakes fist* Curse you and your
      > comical plot twist LOL
      >
      > But yay!! Da Boyz are back!

      Yes, but did you notice the conveniently placed wooden boards for the
      grappling hook to sink into? There's a *cat*-apult in Krosp's future, I
      tell ya....
    • Prof. Zarchne (of Zarkhnistan)
      Message 59 of 59 , Nov 26, 2007
        On Mon, Nov 26, 2007 at 08:21:30PM -0000, Daimajoou wrote:
        > --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "Adam" <adam@...> wrote:
        > > What this fictional Europe needs is a reason to *voluntarily* unify
        > > and cooperate. There's one big element of any functional government
        > > that appears to be missing in GG Europe: a unified economy with
        > > inter-city trade.

        > It's incredibly difficult to make city-states work together willingly
        > when the roads between them are not safe and the smaller transition
        > villages that might be between them have their own menagerie of
        > problems and are not being paid attention to by any of the bigger
        > names.

        > In GG,
        > it would fall to Klaus (or someone appointed by him) to give attention
        > to the smaller towns, which would be difficult for a fairly new
        > empire, since this requires time and money no matter how you cut it,
        > and the bigger cities need to be stabilized and contained first so
        > that they don't pull together and decide to unite against Klaus, an
        > alliance that would likely desolve as soon as the job is done.

        I suppose Hufftberg and Tartown are still among the larger
        cities in this context. If a "Corbettite terminal" is
        basically the part of a factory that connects to the
        Corbettite Monks' railway system then we do see Klaus
        (through Boris) dealing with infrastructure issues on a
        fairly low level.

        It's so hard when the recognized leaders (at least the ones
        with vision) are all insane.