Re: First Book

  • studiofoglio
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 13, 2003
      Well, cool, and welcome to the group.
      I got into comics in a similar way, I had a friend who sat me
      down and made me read her favorite series. (Elfquest, actually)
      Her attitude was pretty much "If you love me you'll read this!"
      She was a lot of fun, and completely right, and I was being a lit
      snob at the time. (Hey, I was 16.)
      So thank you for your kind words, and we're glad that you like our
      book!
      --Kaja

      --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, Rodolfo Alaniz
      <violentshadows@y...> wrote:
      > Hello everybody!
      > I'm fairly new to the group, and I just wanted to
      > share my excitement! I have JUST finished my first
      > issue of GIRL GENIUS and it was incredible. I love it.
      >
      > At first I was hesitant. I have never been into
      > comic books or graphic novels, but they were a big
      > part of my boyfriend's life. I've heard that
      > connecting with the hero is what makes you like the
      > story, so I looked through lists of different
      > characters. I couldn't connect with any of them...
      > until Agatha <the lab antics hit (way) too close to
      > home.> My boyfriend had never heard of her, so it made
      > it even better. I can't wait for the second one, and I
      > can finally have a serious comic conversation!
      >
      > Thank you for the great work. I love the clothing
      > detail as well.
      >
      > John
      >
      > =====
      > Rodolfo John Alaniz
      > Rjalaniz@f... (university)
      > Violentshadows@y... (personal)
      > www.angelfire.com/rant/vortex
      >
      > "If you do not eat your sandwich by 4:30, you will never be loved
      by anyone ever again."
      > --- From Don Hertzfeldt's 'Bobby Neurotic Eats a Sandwich'

      > Yahoo! Calendar - Free online calendar with sync to
      Outlook(TM).