First Book

  • Rodolfo Alaniz
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 13, 2003
      Hello everybody!
      I'm fairly new to the group, and I just wanted to
      share my excitement! I have JUST finished my first
      issue of GIRL GENIUS and it was incredible. I love it.

      At first I was hesitant. I have never been into
      comic books or graphic novels, but they were a big
      part of my boyfriend's life. I've heard that
      connecting with the hero is what makes you like the
      story, so I looked through lists of different
      characters. I couldn't connect with any of them...
      until Agatha <the lab antics hit (way) too close to
      home.> My boyfriend had never heard of her, so it made
      it even better. I can't wait for the second one, and I
      can finally have a serious comic conversation!

      Thank you for the great work. I love the clothing
      detail as well.

      John

      =====
      Rodolfo John Alaniz
      Rjalaniz@... (university)
      Violentshadows@... (personal)
      www.angelfire.com/rant/vortex

      "If you do not eat your sandwich by 4:30, you will never be loved by anyone ever again."
      --- From Don Hertzfeldt's 'Bobby Neurotic Eats a Sandwich'

      http://calendar.yahoo.com
    • studiofoglio
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 13, 2003
        Well, cool, and welcome to the group.
        I got into comics in a similar way, I had a friend who sat me
        down and made me read her favorite series. (Elfquest, actually)
        Her attitude was pretty much "If you love me you'll read this!"
        She was a lot of fun, and completely right, and I was being a lit
        snob at the time. (Hey, I was 16.)
        So thank you for your kind words, and we're glad that you like our
        book!
        --Kaja

        --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, Rodolfo Alaniz
        <violentshadows@y...> wrote:
        > Hello everybody!
        > I'm fairly new to the group, and I just wanted to
        > share my excitement! I have JUST finished my first
        > issue of GIRL GENIUS and it was incredible. I love it.
        >
        > At first I was hesitant. I have never been into
        > comic books or graphic novels, but they were a big
        > part of my boyfriend's life. I've heard that
        > connecting with the hero is what makes you like the
        > story, so I looked through lists of different
        > characters. I couldn't connect with any of them...
        > until Agatha <the lab antics hit (way) too close to
        > home.> My boyfriend had never heard of her, so it made
        > it even better. I can't wait for the second one, and I
        > can finally have a serious comic conversation!
        >
        > Thank you for the great work. I love the clothing
        > detail as well.
        >
        > John
        >
        > =====
        > Rodolfo John Alaniz
        > Rjalaniz@f... (university)
        > Violentshadows@y... (personal)
        > www.angelfire.com/rant/vortex
        >
        > "If you do not eat your sandwich by 4:30, you will never be loved
        by anyone ever again."
        > --- From Don Hertzfeldt's 'Bobby Neurotic Eats a Sandwich'

        > Yahoo! Calendar - Free online calendar with sync to
        Outlook(TM).