Vote rigging 31/05/2006

  • rja_carnegie
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1 3:40 PM
      Okay, I want to say I like the vote image for May 31st,
      but initially I was one of those who didn't get to
      see it. So although Professor Kaja told her
      LiveJournal commentators, "Oh, I'll just re-post it
      later", I'm going to reveal now that someone else
      mentioned in the same venue that the file name is
      cannonhat.jpg. And I believe you can give GG an
      extra vote that they may have missed out on by using
      dialup Internet, or maybe a Web anonymity service,
      or an Internet cafe. TWC isn't PayPal, you know ;-)
      Then everyone's happy, right?

      So anyway, I'm not so excited by an early skullgun
      prototype by one of the Sparks you don't hear so much
      about, but that it iz zo nize ven married pipple
      do silly Mad Science zings zugedder (to paraphrase
      Dimo in Advanced when "The Silverodeon is Repaired",
      or page 5-37, Web numbering.)

      It's also an interesting insight into how common
      Mad Science inventions get names. Did you know that
      the sandwich was invented by a guy named Sandwich,
      who came from a place called Sandwich? Just like
      that. And there are so many other examples.
    • Randall M.
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 5 5:57 PM
        On 6/1/06, rja_carnegie <rja_carnegie@...> wrote:
        < snip >

        It's also an interesting insight into how common
        > Mad Science inventions get names. Did you know that
        > the sandwich was invented by a guy named Sandwich,
        > who came from a place called Sandwich? Just like
        > that. And there are so many other examples.

        Not to be pedantic (yeah, right, who'm I fooling with that?), but his
        *name* was John Montagu. He was the Earl of Sandwich.

        Lots of fascinating stuff about him here:

        http://www.wordsources.info/words-mod-sandwich.html

        Randall

        --
        "The idea that soteriology -- speculation about how grace works -- is itself
        of much importance strikes me as, well, very bad soteriology. I am not God's

        --Fred Clark, slacktivist.typepad.com