Re: [Girl Genius] Anime Girl Genius?

  • John H. Reiher Jr.
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 31, 2003
      At 11:19 PM -0500 3/27/03, Elizabeth McCoy wrote:

      >I've got no idea where this comes from, but it looks very girl geniusy to
      >me!
      >
      >http://www2.ocn.ne.jp/~sigeya/pupa/e/4_jentoru.htm
      >

      >(And for another GG moment... when I was reading off my daughter's
      >insurance card number, I read it out as... "GG as in Girl Genius" --
      >and the nurse giggled on the phone and said she liked that...)

      This is wonderful site! I love the work and it is very much GG meets
      the Far East. Now, who around here can read Japanese and let me know
      the author's name so I can find a book by him? I know of a certain
      bookstore in Seattle's International District that might carry it...
      --
      ------------------------
      Kedamono@...

      http://www.ahtg.net
      ------------------------
      "Another one of them new worlds.
      No beer, no women, no pool parlors - nothin'.
      Nothing to do but throw rocks at tin cans and we got to bring our own
      tin cans."
      ---- Ship's Cook, United Planets Cruiser C-57D
      Forbidden Planet
    • Randalt
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 1, 2003
        Really great looking, very luminous effects... I don't read Kanji,
        so I can't read the info on the web pages further up the URL path.
        I'd hazard a guess the artist's name is Sigeya, and the work
        is "Pupa" which you probably have gathered already (duh). A little
        searching with what English text I could find reveals a "Sigeya
        Studio" that does CG work. That's all...

        -R.