Re: [Girl Genius] The Horror of Blimps

  • Randalt <m_randalt@yahoo.ca>
    Message 1 of 17 , Feb 28, 2003
      --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Willett <aew22@c...> wrote:
      > As a longtime reader of the Straight Dope Message Board, I second
      > this recommendation. This is a funny funny story.

      I understand the story is spreading, diffusing though the net like
      some "All your base are belong to us" virus... just doing my part.
      On the 2nd page of that message board, there's another story from
      someone whose dog is so absolutely terrified of the blimp they
      bought, it hides in the bathtub.

      About pigeons, the local transit commission has 1" spiked mats to
      keep pigeons off flat light fixtures, flat areas over people's heads
      at bus stations.

      -R.
    • csg3125
      Message 2 of 17 , Mar 1 1:35 PM
        --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, studiofoglio <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, studiofoglio <no_reply@y...> wrote:

        > How do you get rid of pigeons that have decided that your house is
        the best camping ground ever? Without an actual gun, I mean.

        > More later.
        > --Kaja

        You haven't told us where at your house the pigeons are setting up
        camp. So at the risk of being flogged with cooked spaghetti in light
        of the "Horror of Blimps" stories being shared, I offer this
        suggestion. Check the yard and garden department for something
        called "Owl Eyes". They are vinyl beach balls about 18" in diameter
        with big scary eyes printed on them. You hang them in a tree or from
        the eaves of your roof or a pole. The wind makes them dance and
        move. The birds leave the areas chop chop. You do have to move them
        from place to place as the birds get used to them.

        PS: Death to All Sky Rats!!!

        PPS: Sorry that just kinda slipped out.

        Curtis PMFS