Is Agatha Back?

  • Andrea
    Message 1 of 18 , Apr 2, 2006
      And did she ever leave?

      Who is talking through Agatha's body? The Other? Lucrezia? Or
      Agatha herself?
    • honor_mcleod
      Message 2 of 18 , Apr 2, 2006
        --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "Andrea" <geogirl82@...> wrote:

        > And did she ever leave?
        >
        > Who is talking through Agatha's body? The Other? Lucrezia? Or
        > Agatha herself?

        Given Agatha's propensity toward sleepsparking, I'd say that Our
        Favorite Heroine has is back in control. For the moment. And about
        to throttle Tarvek, unless answers are forthcomeing in a timely and
        coherent fasion.

        Boy, the two people I envy least in this comic are Tarvek and Agatha.
        Dear me, can't wait to see what happens next.

        Mcleod
      • jsheikg
        Message 3 of 18 , Apr 2, 2006
          --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "honor_mcleod" <tlroys@...> wrote:

          > --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "Andrea" <geogirl82@> wrote:
          > >
          > > And did she ever leave?
          > >
          > > Who is talking through Agatha's body? The Other? Lucrezia? Or
          > > Agatha herself?
          > >

          > Given Agatha's propensity toward sleepsparking, I'd say that Our
          > Favorite Heroine has is back in control. For the moment. And about
          > to throttle Tarvek, unless answers are forthcomeing in a timely and
          > coherent fasion.
          >
          > Boy, the two people I envy least in this comic are Tarvek and Agatha.
          > Dear me, can't wait to see what happens next.

          I agree. *This* is Agatha, and in full presence since she has been
          shoved out of her waking self.
          Poor Tarvek is the one who doesn't know for sure. He could easily
          conclude this is some sort of loyalty test.
          Then there's the complication of a fully functional Anevka marching in
          at any moment with blood in her eye (well, Giesterblud anyway) and a
          hundred thousand volts at her fingertips.
          Wouldn't it be fortuitous if Anevka, in the course of the battle
          against the Gisterdamen, 'drained' the lightning moat to get a
          recharge? ;)
        • arondell
          Message 4 of 18 , Apr 2, 2006
            --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "Andrea" <geogirl82@...> wrote:

            > And did she ever leave?
            >
            > Who is talking through Agatha's body? The Other? Lucrezia? Or
            > Agatha herself?

            I'd think its a pretty good bet that Agatha is back in control for the
            moment. How long she can maintain it is up in the air. How aware
            Agatha has been when she wasn't in control is also yet to be revealed.

            Arondell
          • Michael Telford
            Message 5 of 18 , Apr 2, 2006
              Could the Bugglies be a leftover creation of the Other? Or to put it
              another way, of Lucrezia's? I don't think I need to spell out what
              that could mean.
            • mstorer3772
              Message 6 of 18 , Apr 2, 2006
                --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, Michael Telford <whitewings1@...>
                wrote:

                > Could the Bugglies be a leftover creation of the Other? Or to put it
                > another way, of Lucrezia's? I don't think I need to spell out what
                > that could mean.

                Ummm... huh?

                Okay. The Other could have whipped up some
                potion/flea-dip-o-doom/whatever to turn people into bugglies.

                But given how wildly ineffective the bugglies are, I really doubt that
                they were the work of The Other... it seems beneath her.

                And if she really wanted to take a town, all she needs to do is set
                off a hive engine nearby. Then she gets the whole town, plus a crack
                at everyone going through that pass.

                I see two possibilties. The more likely is that this is the work of
                some spark we haven't met yet. The other is that Aaronev was trying
                to increase his toll revenue, and was willing to wipe out an entire
                town to do it (despite having a reputation as a good vassal to Klaus).
                While Aaronev is probably also capable of creating a flea-dip-o-doom
                that would create more capable monsters, he wouldn't want the
                techniques he used being traced back to him, so he'd do something
                relatively ineffective.

                --Mark
              • rja_carnegie
                Message 7 of 18 , Apr 2, 2006
                  wrote:

                  > Could the Bugglies be a leftover creation of the Other?

                  Are those the things from Passholdt? I haven't been here long.
                • Corgi
                  Message 8 of 18 , Apr 3, 2006
                    --- "mstorer3772" <mstorer3772@...> wrote:

                    > --- Michael Telford <whitewings1@> wrote:
                    >>
                    >> Could the Bugglies be a leftover creation of the Other? Or to put
                    >> it another way, of Lucrezia's?
                    >
                    > Okay. The Other could have whipped up some
                    > potion/flea-dip-o-doom/whatever to turn people into bugglies.
                    >
                    > But given how wildly ineffective the bugglies are, I really doubt
                    > that they were the work of The Other... it seems beneath her.

                    Do you mean as a side-effect of the Machine, or maybe in relation to
                    those glowing butterflies of hers? I'm seriously tempted to go back
                    to those messages to give props to whomever thought they might be
                    related -- now that we know Lucrezia /did/ create butterflies just
                    like the ones by the bridge, they're looking far more correct.

                    The Bugglies could be an early 'draft' form of Revenants, perhaps.

                    Corgi, the Sleep-Deprived
                  • Corgi
                    Message 9 of 18 , Apr 3, 2006
                      --- "rja_carnegie" <rja_carnegie@...> wrote:

                      > --- Michael Telford <whitewings1@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > Could the Bugglies be a leftover creation of the Other?
                      >
                      > Are those the things from Passholdt? I haven't been here long.

                      That's the primary nickname the group gave them, yes.

                      Corgi, Archivally
                    • Elizabeth McCoy
                      Message 10 of 18 , Apr 3, 2006
                        At 4:06 AM +0000 4/3/06, Andrea wrote:
                        >Who is talking through Agatha's body? The Other? Lucrezia? Or
                        >Agatha herself?

                        I'm betting it's Agatha, who has just "woken up" in a trench-nightgown and
                        in the arms of someone who (though cute) she doesn't know well.

                        Furthermore, I predict that there's going to be some... interesting effects
                        of lack of sleep on both of them. As in, when the sleep, the other one gets
                        to try to take over again.

                        *SQUEE*

                        Let's see Tarvek talk his way out of THIS one!

                        (He was awfully ho-hum about the Other falling asleep on him. Perhaps instead
                        of making a pass at Agatha, Tarvek'd be more inclined to make a pass at
                        Wooster? Or does Tarvek have a fetish for clanks? And what does that say
                        about his relationship with his sister?)
                        --
                        --Beth, arcangel@... / archangel@... In Nomine Line Editor
                        http://www.io.com/~arcangel/
                        Message 11 of 18 , Apr 3, 2006
                          > (He was awfully ho-hum about the Other falling asleep on him.
                          > Perhaps instead
                          > of making a pass at Agatha, Tarvek'd be more inclined to make a
                          > pass at
                          > Wooster? Or does Tarvek have a fetish for clanks? And what does
                          > that say
                          > about his relationship with his sister?)

                          I think it was more a case of "Oh, good. Now *I* can get some rest."
                        • lordamber1985
                          Message 12 of 18 , Apr 3, 2006
                            --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "mstorer3772" <mstorer3772@...>
                            wrote:

                            > And if she really wanted to take a town, all she needs to
                            > do is set off a hive engine nearby.

                            I think we can safely say that the Other didn't do it herself.
                            *But* I could easily see it as the results of someone
                            accidentally triggering a device left over from the Other war.

                            We do know that the Other used "terror" weapons. No one said
                            that the Slaver Wasps were the only ones...

                            Sean
                          • lordamber1985
                            Message 13 of 18 , Apr 3, 2006
                              --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "Corgi" <corgi@...> wrote:

                              > --- "rja_carnegie" <rja_carnegie@> wrote:
                              > >
                              > > --- Michael Telford <whitewings1@> wrote:
                              > > >
                              > > > Could the Bugglies be a leftover creation of the Other?
                              > >
                              > > Are those the things from Passholdt? I haven't been here long.
                              >
                              > That's the primary nickname the group gave them, yes.

                              A contraction of "bridge uglies", and a bit of a pun on their
                              bug-like first appeareance, if I recall correctly.

                              Sean
                            • jsheikg
                              Message 14 of 18 , Apr 3, 2006

                                > > > Are those the things from Passholdt? I haven't been here long.
                                > >
                                > > That's the primary nickname the group gave them, yes.
                                >
                                > A contraction of "bridge uglies", and a bit of a pun on their
                                > bug-like first appeareance, if I recall correctly.

                                I alway thought the Buglies were part of a deliberate trap, not just
                                some happenstance invasion from the Wastelands, because of the door
                                built under the bridge.

                                http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/cgi-bin/ggmain.cgi?date= 050711

                                Now the glowing butterflies makes it look like Passholtd may have
                                been a test area for the Other. I think the crude nature of the Buglies can be explained by their late appearance. They are probably a creation of Aaronev, possibly using knowledge gained from the Other.
                              • David Goldfarb
                                Message 15 of 18 , Apr 3, 2006
                                  >At 4:06 AM +0000 4/3/06, Andrea wrote:
                                  >>Who is talking through Agatha's body? The Other? Lucrezia? Or
                                  >>Agatha herself?
                                  >
                                  >I'm betting it's Agatha, who has just "woken up" in a trench-nightgown and
                                  >in the arms of someone who (though cute) she doesn't know well.

                                  I agree it's Agatha. Something about the look on her face suggests
                                  to me that she remembers everything that's gone on for the last twenty
                                  hours or so...my guess is that she was aware during that period, just
                                  not in control of her own body.

                                  --
                                  David Goldfarb |"We went to a movie, some monsters or aliens were
                                  goldfarb@... |destroying New York as usual (this is LA's way
                                  | -- Salman Rushdie
                                • Karrion
                                  Message 16 of 18 , Apr 3, 2006
                                    --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, Elizabeth McCoy <arcangel@...> wrote:

                                    > (He was awfully ho-hum about the Other falling asleep on him.
                                    Perhaps instead
                                    > of making a pass at Agatha, Tarvek'd be more inclined to make a pass at
                                    > Wooster? Or does Tarvek have a fetish for clanks? And what does that
                                    say
                                    > about his relationship with his sister?)

                                    'Ho Hum' nothing, he was annoyed. Something WRONG with that boy.
                                  • Blade
                                    Message 17 of 18 , Apr 3, 2006
                                      --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "lordamber1985" <justice@...> wrote:
                                      > --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "Corgi" <corgi@> wrote:
                                      > > --- "rja_carnegie" <rja_carnegie@> wrote:
                                      > > >
                                      > > > Are those the things from Passholdt? I haven't been here long.
                                      > >
                                      > > That's the primary nickname the group gave them, yes.
                                      >
                                      > A contraction of "bridge uglies", and a bit of a pun on their
                                      > bug-like first appeareance, if I recall correctly.

                                      That works. @;7

                                      I'll step forward and claim the dubbing of them, BTW -- it's my old
                                      childhood twisting of "ugly bug" = bug ugly = bugly (pl. buglies).
                                      For a wonder, it stuck. <bweg> Although, I reiterate, "bridge uglies"
                                      works well too, in this case.

                                      Blade (intermittantly lurking)
                                    • Corgi
                                      Message 18 of 18 , Apr 3, 2006
                                        --- "Karrion" <darthkarrion@...> wrote:

                                        > --- Elizabeth McCoy <arcangel@> wrote:
                                        >
                                        >> (He was awfully ho-hum about the Other falling asleep on him.
                                        >> Perhaps instead of making a pass at Agatha, Tarvek'd be more
                                        >> inclined to make a pass at Wooster? Or does Tarvek have a fetish
                                        >> for clanks? And what does that say about his relationship with his
                                        >> sister?)
                                        >
                                        > 'Ho Hum' nothing, he was annoyed. Something WRONG with that boy.

                                        'Not that there's anything /wrong/ with that.'

                                        *Muttley-style snicker*