Zulenna's Fencing

  • laughtermaiden
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 2, 2006
      http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/cgi-bin/gg101.cgi

      This is kinda foreshadowing, all things considered.
      You'd think Zulenna would learn.
    • jsheikg
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 2, 2006
        --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "laughtermaiden"
        <laughtermaiden@...> wrote:

        > http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/cgi-bin/gg101.cgi
        >
        > This is kinda foreshadowing, all things considered.
        > You'd think Zulenna would learn.

        The habits and prejudices formed early in life can be *very* hard to
        break, often requiring something quite traumatic for motivation to do so.
        For some, they are so precious that death itself is preferable to
        merely reconsidering the "old ways".
        I have to wonder how she will react to being revivified.
      • Michael Hopcroft
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 2, 2006
          laughtermaiden wrote:
          > http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/cgi-bin/gg101.cgi
          >
          > This is kinda foreshadowing, all things considered.
          > You'd think Zulenna would learn.

          Well, she probably didn't expect to run into an opponent who goes
          SQUEEE! at the thought of killing people in hideous and amusing ways.
        • Michael Telford
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 2, 2006
            On Apr 2, 2006, at 2:24 PM, Michael Hopcroft wrote:

            > laughtermaiden wrote:
            >> http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/cgi-bin/gg101.cgi
            >>
            >> This is kinda foreshadowing, all things considered.
            >> You'd think Zulenna would learn.
            >>
            > Well, she probably didn't expect to run into an opponent who goes
            > SQUEEE! at the thought of killing people in hideous and amusing ways.

            Indeed. She made the mistake of assuming Bang was more or less rational.