Re: Zeetha and Dupree

  • McClure, Kate
    Message 1 of 27 , Mar 1, 2006
      >"Twenty quatloos on the green haired one!"

      And another twenty says the psycho draws first blood!

      Kate McClure
      Cackle and the world cackles with you. Rant, and you rant alone.
      - M.E.
    • Tim Blaes
      Message 2 of 27 , Mar 1, 2006
        --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "aquillion" <Frogwind@...> wrote:

        > --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "Corgi" <corgi@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Only 3 pages? *Tsk*. You're too easily satisfied.
        > >
        > > Corgi Who Thinks They're Both Too Skillful For That
        > >

        > Counterpoint: One panel. They're too skillful to take more. Within
        > that panel, either one will kill the other, or both will have.

        Anotherpoint: The battle lasts 20 pages, but there are other things
        going on, and you only see them crahsing through one panel each page.

        Tim Blaes
      • squig-brain
        Message 3 of 27 , Mar 1, 2006
          --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Blaes" <tinrat07@...> wrote:

          > --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "aquillion" <Frogwind@> wrote:
          > >
          > > --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "Corgi" <corgi@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Only 3 pages? *Tsk*. You're too easily satisfied.
          > > >
          > > > Corgi Who Thinks They're Both Too Skillful For That
          > > >

          > > Counterpoint: One panel. They're too skillful to take more.
          Within
          > > that panel, either one will kill the other, or both will have.
          > >

          > Anotherpoint: The battle lasts 20 pages, but there are other
          things
          > going on, and you only see them crahsing through one panel each
          page.

          > Tim Blaes

          Point-Counterpoint: Zero panels, all you get is off-screen action and
          lots of sound effects. After the fight, all you get is each one,
          battered, saying to her companions "Whee! That was *fun*!"
        • Euel Ball
          Message 4 of 27 , Mar 1, 2006
            --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "McClure, Kate" <kate.mcclure@...>
            wrote:

            > >"Twenty quatloos on the green haired one!"
            >
            > And another twenty says the psycho draws first blood!

            Care to wager on the level of collateral damage?

            > Kate McClure
            > Cackle and the world cackles with you. Rant, and you rant alone.
            > - M.E.

            Euel
            Who -needs- a nifty sig!
          • jsheikg
            Message 5 of 27 , Mar 1, 2006
              --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "Euel Ball" <euelball@...> wrote:

              > --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "McClure, Kate" <kate.mcclure@>
              > wrote:
              > >
              > > >"Twenty quatloos on the green haired one!"
              > >
              > > And another twenty says the psycho draws first blood!
              > >
              > Care to wager on the level of collateral damage?
              >
              > > Kate McClure
              > > Cackle and the world cackles with you. Rant, and you rant alone.
              > > - M.E.
              > >
              > Euel
              > Who -needs- a nifty sig!

              Hey! You didn't double post!
              What did you do right?
            • Margaret
              Message 6 of 27 , Mar 1, 2006
                > > >"Twenty quatloos on the green haired one!"
                > >
                > > And another twenty says the psycho draws first blood!
                > >
                > Care to wager on the level of collateral damage?

                I'll put 5 quatloos on the green-haired one breaking the most
                windows. Any takers?

                > > Kate McClure
                > > Cackle and the world cackles with you. Rant, and you rant alone.
                > > - M.E.
                > >
                > Euel
                > Who -needs- a nifty sig!

                Simple. Just do what I do. Steal from the best. <G>

                --
                Margaret

                Cackle and the world cackles with you. Rant, and you rant alone.
                -- Kate McClure
              • Euel Ball
                Message 7 of 27 , Mar 1, 2006
                  --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "jsheikg" <jsheikg@...> wrote:

                  > Hey! You didn't double post!
                  > What did you do right?

                  Danged if I know! Here's to me doing it again!

                  Euel
                • Corgi
                  Message 8 of 27 , Mar 1, 2006
                    --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "Euel Ball" <euelball@...> wrote:

                    > --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "jsheikg" <jsheikg@> wrote:
                    >>

                    >> Hey! You didn't double post!
                    >> What did you do right?
                    >>
                    > Danged if I know! Here's to me doing it again!

                    Heh. Actually you did, but they got separated by a message (28755 and
                    28757, right?).

                    CorgiCorgi
                  • Sea Change
                    Message 9 of 27 , Mar 1, 2006
                      "Euel Ball" wrote:

                      > --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "jsheikg" <jsheikg@> wrote:
                      > >

                      > > Hey! You didn't double post!
                      > > What did you do right?
                      > >
                      > Danged if I know! Here's to me doing it again!
                      >
                      > Euel

                      I've been deleting Euel's doubles when I spot them to reduce the size of the digests and make
                      things easier for the webpage readers, like I just did with post 28763. However, the two

                      Sea Change, KDL
                      List-Minion
                    • Euel Ball
                      Message 10 of 27 , Mar 1, 2006
                        --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "Sea Change" <nakedkali@...> wrote:

                        > I've been deleting Euel's doubles when I spot them to reduce the
                        size of the digests and make
                        > things easier for the webpage readers, like I just did with post
                        28763. However, the two

                        > Sea Change, KDL
                        > List-Minion

                        And I thank you for this, sir. No use offending my fellow list
                        members. I must have some glitch in my browser for this to happen.
                        Oh well, "Thinking machines and J├Ągers have their own reasons for
                        doing things."

                        Euel
                        "Eccentricity is its own reward."
                      • George
                        Message 11 of 27 , Mar 1, 2006
                          --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "jsheikg" <jsheikg@...> wrote:
                          > --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, arondell <no_reply@> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > What do you think the odds are that Zeetha and Dupree will become
                          > > explicitly aware of each others existance in this little pool of
                          > > brewing chaos?
                          > >
                          > We can only hope.
                          > Maybe the fight will last a whole week?

                          Why am I reminded of the people who watched the (brief) fight between
                          Claudia Christian and Shari Belafonte in the Babylon 5 tv-movie
                          "Thirdspace" over and over and over and over and...?

                          George
                        • Michael Telford
                          Message 12 of 27 , Mar 1, 2006
                            On Mar 1, 2006, at 8:37 PM, George wrote:

                            > --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "jsheikg" <jsheikg@...> wrote:
                            >> --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, arondell <no_reply@> wrote:
                            >>>
                            >>> What do you think the odds are that Zeetha and Dupree will become
                            >>> explicitly aware of each others existance in this little pool of
                            >>> brewing chaos?
                            >>>
                            >> We can only hope.
                            >> Maybe the fight will last a whole week?
                            >
                            > Why am I reminded of the people who watched the (brief) fight between
                            > Claudia Christian and Shari Belafonte in the Babylon 5 tv-movie
                            > "Thirdspace" over and over and over and over and...?

                            Good scene. Lesson for all non-combat types: If you're trying to kill
                            a career officer, do *not* get into hand to hand range.
                          • wusemajor
                            Message 13 of 27 , Mar 2, 2006
                              --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, squig-brain <no_reply@...> wrote:

                              > --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Blaes" <tinrat07@> wrote:
                              > >
                              > > --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "aquillion" <Frogwind@> wrote:

                              > > > Counterpoint: One panel. They're too skillful to take more.
                              > Within
                              > > > that panel, either one will kill the other, or both will have.
                              > > >

                              > > Anotherpoint: The battle lasts 20 pages, but there are other
                              > things
                              > > going on, and you only see them crahsing through one panel each
                              > page.
                              > >
                              > > Tim Blaes
                              > >

                              > Point-Counterpoint: Zero panels, all you get is off-screen action and
                              > lots of sound effects. After the fight, all you get is each one,
                              > battered, saying to her companions "Whee! That was *fun*!"

                              Personally, I tend to think that something in the vein of the 20 page,
                              intermittently seen battle is most likly, as our esteemed author,
                              Phil, is a past master at throwing out a bunch of random things in
                              such a way that they create a much more powerful impression than if he
                              simply drew the scene for us (q.v the tea cosy bit and the ninja fight
                              scenes in the Gallimaufry Buck Godot comics).

                              I can just imagine it now:

                              Agatha: So, Gil, has Klaus broken the outer perimeter yet?
                              Gil: Not Quite. He----
                              *with a large BOOM a wall blows open, Bang and Zeetha enaged in combat*
                              Zeetha: You may have bested my swords, but no-one can stand against my
                              DUELING HAMMERS!
                              Bang: Bring it!
                              *leave via breaking another wall*
                              Gil & Agatha:......

                              *Note: should the events in this....thing.... bar any resemblance to
                              actual events that ever occure in GG, I hearby swear that I thall not
                              litigate, send snarky e-mails or anything else that even suggests that
                              I ever thought that the Professers Foglio would commit plagurism*

                              *however, should the abouve events come into play in GG, I do reserve
                              the right to be quietly smug that I figured out where the story was
                              going before it showed up in print.*
                            • Tim Blaes
                              Message 14 of 27 , Mar 2, 2006
                                --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "George" <furr@...> wrote:

                                > --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "jsheikg" <jsheikg@> wrote:
                                > > --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, arondell <no_reply@> wrote:
                                > > >
                                > > > What do you think the odds are that Zeetha and Dupree will become
                                > > > explicitly aware of each others existance in this little pool of
                                > > > brewing chaos?
                                > > >
                                > > We can only hope.
                                > > Maybe the fight will last a whole week?
                                >
                                > Why am I reminded of the people who watched the (brief) fight between
                                > Claudia Christian and Shari Belafonte in the Babylon 5 tv-movie
                                > "Thirdspace" over and over and over and over and...?
                                >
                                > George

                                One of, if not the best, TV chic fights ever was in the Wonder Woman
                                pilot.

                                Tim Blaes
                              • schnappenjager
                                Message 15 of 27 , Mar 3, 2006
                                  --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "wusemajor" <Wuse_Major@...> wrote:

                                  > --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, squig-brain <no_reply@> wrote:
                                  > >
                                  > > --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Blaes" <tinrat07@> wrote:

                                  > > Within
                                  > > > >

                                  > > > Anotherpoint: The battle lasts 20 pages, but there are other
                                  > > things
                                  > > > going on, and you only see them crahsing through one panel each
                                  > > page.
                                  > > >
                                  > > > Tim Blaes
                                  > > >

                                  > > Point-Counterpoint: Zero panels, all you get is off-screen action and
                                  > > lots of sound effects. After the fight, all you get is each one,
                                  > > battered, saying to her companions "Whee! That was *fun*!"
                                  > >

                                  > Personally, I tend to think that something in the vein of the 20 page,
                                  > intermittently seen battle is most likly, as our esteemed author,
                                  > Phil, is a past master at throwing out a bunch of random things in
                                  > such a way that they create a much more powerful impression than if he
                                  > simply drew the scene for us (q.v the tea cosy bit and the ninja fight
                                  > scenes in the Gallimaufry Buck Godot comics).
                                  >
                                  > I can just imagine it now:
                                  >
                                  > Agatha: So, Gil, has Klaus broken the outer perimeter yet?
                                  > Gil: Not Quite. He----
                                  > *with a large BOOM a wall blows open, Bang and Zeetha enaged in combat*
                                  > Zeetha: You may have bested my swords, but no-one can stand against my
                                  > DUELING HAMMERS!
                                  > Bang: Bring it!
                                  > *leave via breaking another wall*
                                  > Gil & Agatha:......
                                  >
                                  > *Note: should the events in this....thing.... bar any resemblance to
                                  > actual events that ever occure in GG, I hearby swear that I thall not
                                  > litigate, send snarky e-mails or anything else that even suggests that
                                  > I ever thought that the Professers Foglio would commit plagurism*
                                  >
                                  > *however, should the abouve events come into play in GG, I do reserve
                                  > the right to be quietly smug that I figured out where the story was
                                  > going before it showed up in print.*

                                  Het'd honly be fanny hif dey hended hup hundrezzed, zweaty, und
                                  henjoyink ha zigarette togedder.
                                • melvina_wright
                                  Message 16 of 27 , Mar 3, 2006
                                    --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "schnappenjager"
                                    <schnappenjager@...> wrote:

                                    > --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "wusemajor" <Wuse_Major@> wrote:
                                    > >
                                    > > --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, squig-brain <no_reply@> wrote:
                                    > > >
                                    > > > --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Blaes" <tinrat07@>

                                    > > > Within

                                    > > > things
                                    > > > page.

                                    > > > Point-Counterpoint: Zero panels, all you get is off-screen
                                    action and
                                    > > > lots of sound effects. After the fight, all you get is each
                                    one,
                                    > > > battered, saying to her companions "Whee! That was *fun*!"
                                    > > >

                                    > > Personally, I tend to think that something in the vein of the 20
                                    page,
                                    > > intermittently seen battle is most likly, as our esteemed author,
                                    > > Phil, is a past master at throwing out a bunch of random things in
                                    > > such a way that they create a much more powerful impression than
                                    if he
                                    > > simply drew the scene for us (q.v the tea cosy bit and the ninja
                                    fight
                                    > > scenes in the Gallimaufry Buck Godot comics).
                                    > >
                                    > > I can just imagine it now:
                                    > >
                                    > > Agatha: So, Gil, has Klaus broken the outer perimeter yet?
                                    > > Gil: Not Quite. He----
                                    > > *with a large BOOM a wall blows open, Bang and Zeetha enaged in
                                    combat*
                                    > > Zeetha: You may have bested my swords, but no-one can stand
                                    against my
                                    > > DUELING HAMMERS!
                                    > > Bang: Bring it!
                                    > > *leave via breaking another wall*
                                    > > Gil & Agatha:......
                                    > >
                                    > > *Note: should the events in this....thing.... bar any resemblance
                                    > > actual events that ever occure in GG, I hearby swear that I thall
                                    not
                                    > > litigate, send snarky e-mails or anything else that even suggests
                                    that
                                    > > I ever thought that the Professers Foglio would commit plagurism*
                                    > >
                                    > > *however, should the abouve events come into play in GG, I do
                                    reserve
                                    > > the right to be quietly smug that I figured out where the story
                                    was
                                    > > going before it showed up in print.*
                                    > >

                                    > Het'd honly be fanny hif dey hended hup hundrezzed, zweaty, und
                                    > henjoyink ha zigarette togedder.

                                    /-scratches head in confusion-/ Would this be Gil and Agatha in the
                                    afterglow? Or Bang and Zeetha?
                                  • schnappenjager
                                    Message 17 of 27 , Mar 4, 2006
                                      --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "melvina_wright"
                                      <melvina_wright@...> wrote:

                                      > --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "schnappenjager"
                                      > <schnappenjager@> wrote:
                                      > >
                                      > > --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "wusemajor" <Wuse_Major@> wrote:

                                      > more.
                                      > have.

                                      > other
                                      > each

                                      > action and
                                      > one,
                                      > > > >

                                      > > > Personally, I tend to think that something in the vein of the 20
                                      > page,
                                      > > > intermittently seen battle is most likly, as our esteemed author,
                                      > > > Phil, is a past master at throwing out a bunch of random things in
                                      > > > such a way that they create a much more powerful impression than
                                      > if he
                                      > > > simply drew the scene for us (q.v the tea cosy bit and the ninja
                                      > fight
                                      > > > scenes in the Gallimaufry Buck Godot comics).
                                      > > >
                                      > > > I can just imagine it now:
                                      > > >
                                      > > > Agatha: So, Gil, has Klaus broken the outer perimeter yet?
                                      > > > Gil: Not Quite. He----
                                      > > > *with a large BOOM a wall blows open, Bang and Zeetha enaged in
                                      > combat*
                                      > > > Zeetha: You may have bested my swords, but no-one can stand
                                      > against my
                                      > > > DUELING HAMMERS!
                                      > > > Bang: Bring it!
                                      > > > *leave via breaking another wall*
                                      > > > Gil & Agatha:......
                                      > > >
                                      > > > *Note: should the events in this....thing.... bar any resemblance
                                      > > > actual events that ever occure in GG, I hearby swear that I thall
                                      > not
                                      > > > litigate, send snarky e-mails or anything else that even suggests
                                      > that
                                      > > > I ever thought that the Professers Foglio would commit plagurism*
                                      > > >
                                      > > > *however, should the abouve events come into play in GG, I do
                                      > reserve
                                      > > > the right to be quietly smug that I figured out where the story
                                      > was
                                      > > > going before it showed up in print.*
                                      > > >

                                      > > Het'd honly be fanny hif dey hended hup hundrezzed, zweaty, und
                                      > > henjoyink ha zigarette togedder.
                                      > >

                                      > /-scratches head in confusion-/ Would this be Gil and Agatha in the
                                      > afterglow? Or Bang and Zeetha?

                                      Bong und Zeeta, noturally!
                                    • klegan
                                      Message 18 of 27 , Mar 7, 2006
                                        --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "Euel Ball" <euelball@...> wrote:

                                        > --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, arondell <no_reply@> wrote:
                                        > >
                                        > > What do you think the odds are that Zeetha and Dupree will become
                                        > > explicitly aware of each others existance in this little pool of
                                        > > brewing chaos?
                                        > >
                                        > > Arondell
                                        > >

                                        > In the GG universe? I wouldn't bet against it! As for the outcome,
                                        > it depends on who ambushes whom (For some odd reason, I think they
                                        > just might ambush each other -at the same time-.) and how they were
                                        > armed. While my castlemarks are on Zeetha in a -fair- fight,
                                        > something tells me Dupree considers the very idea of a fair fight both
                                        > stupid and slighty humorous, and would arrange for her foe to have a
                                        > well timed "accident".
                                        >
                                        > Euel
                                        > "Twenty quatloos on the green haired one!"

                                        I've thought about this inevitable fight (at some point in the future)
                                        and always thought Bang had one big advantage. Zeetha can't really
                                        kill her, at least not until Bang tells her where Skifander is.
                                        Already made that "kill first and ask questions later" mistake once
                                        and so far it's cost her several years already. This is why I think
                                        Zeetha chose to train Agatha (at least initially) because Agatha's
                                        Uncle is the first clue she's had for a way back home.

                                        As far as to who wins what I'd really like to see is the three-way
                                        between Bang, Zeetha, and Von Pinn. THAT would last the 20 pages with
                                        small panels.

                                        Kevin Legan
                                      • wusemajor
                                        Message 19 of 27 , Mar 7, 2006
                                          --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, klegan <no_reply@...> wrote:

                                          > As far as to who wins what I'd really like to see is the three-way
                                          > between Bang, Zeetha, and Von Pinn. THAT would last the 20 pages with
                                          > small panels.
                                          >
                                          > Kevin Legan

                                          Yes, but where would we find a mud pit big enough?
                                        • Thomas Erickson
                                          Message 20 of 27 , Mar 8, 2006
                                            On 3/7/06, wusemajor <Wuse_Major@...> wrote:

                                            > --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, klegan <no_reply@...> wrote:
                                            > >
                                            > > As far as to who wins what I'd really like to see is the three-way
                                            > > between Bang, Zeetha, and Von Pinn. THAT would last the 20 pages with
                                            > > small panels.
                                            > >
                                            > > Kevin Legan
                                            > >

                                            > Yes, but where would we find a mud pit big enough?

                                            Ask Othar. (See "Othar Tryggvassen & the Pit of Bridesmaids", pg 42)
                                            Dr Thomas