Re: [Girl Genius] Too Convenient

  • Richard Hoaglund
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 25, 2006
      On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 08:39:31 -0000, aquillion opined:

      >--- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "jsheikg" <jsheikg@...> wrote:
      >

      >>Has it occured to anyone else that "Olga" is precisely what Anevka
      >>needs and Gil could wind up using the body as a bargaining chip?
      >>

      >Why would Anevka want that? Sure, a real body would mean she wouldn't
      >need regular maintenance, but if she had one then her big plan with the
      >voicebox would be a total loss. She also wouldn't be able to
      >electrocute people by touching them anymore, which has served her well
      >in the past.

      <<Xnp>>
      Same argument against Von Pinn's rebraining- loss of her superhuman
      strength/speed and whatever else.
      And as she tells Bang,
      "I /live/ with pain. I use it. /Cultivate/ it. /Shape/ it."

      Cerrberus
    • oddjob67544
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 25, 2006
        --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, Richard Hoaglund <res1a8o8@...>
        wrote:

        > On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 08:39:31 -0000, aquillion opined:
        >
        > >--- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "jsheikg" <jsheikg@> wrote:
        > >

        > >>Has it occured to anyone else that "Olga" is precisely what
        Anevka
        > >>needs and Gil could wind up using the body as a bargaining chip?
        > >>

        > >Why would Anevka want that? Sure, a real body would mean she
        wouldn't
        > >need regular maintenance, but if she had one then her big plan
        with the
        > >voicebox would be a total loss. She also wouldn't be able to
        > >electrocute people by touching them anymore, which has served her
        well
        > >in the past.
        > >

        > <<Xnp>>
        > Same argument against Von Pinn's rebraining- loss of her
        superhuman
        > strength/speed and whatever else.
        > And as she tells Bang,
        > "I /live/ with pain. I use it. /Cultivate/ it. /Shape/ it."
        >
        > Cerrberus

        i was thinking that "Olga" would be a nice way to get whoever has
        taken over Agatha's body out of her and into someone else.
      • aquillion
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 25, 2006
          --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "oddjob67544" <oddjob67544@...>
          wrote:

          > i was thinking that "Olga" would be a nice way to get whoever has
          > taken over Agatha's body out of her and into someone else.

          Or to put the real Agatha somewhere else. It'd be awfully difficult to
          tell a story with the Other as a big opponent if Agatha has the ability
          to just order Slaver Wasps and Revenants around whenever she wants;
          putting her in another body for a while would solve that (although, it
          could get pretty confusing.)