Re: [Girl Genius] Do clanks go on strike?

  • botgrrrl
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 6, 2002
      --- In girlgenius@y..., Tim O'Brien <merctim@y...> wrote:
      > B, Studio Foglio is the publisher.

      They may be the publisher, but the hire an outfit in Quebec (If I
      remember correctly) to do the actual PRINTING. Since there is solid
      land twixt there and here (I live in Seattle too), I can't imagine
      that there will be a delay.

      At least I hope there won't be. We'll just have to wait for the fine
      folks at Studio Foglio to confirm (or deny) the on-time-ness of Issue
      8.
    • Michelle Barrett
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 6, 2002
        > > I'm trying to remember here, but isn't Issue 8 due
        > > for October? If
        > > so, will the long shore men strikes delay the
        > > release? I know Studio
        > > Foglio is based near Seattle, but I didn't know if
        > > their publisher is
        > > as well.

        Yeah, this is an icky situation for many publishers (I
        work for one and we're keeping close watch on it). A
        lot of color printing occurs in Singapore and Thailand
        and much of that is going to be delayed (art and color
        rpg books are near the top of this list). This is also
        going to hurt anything going to or from Australia.

        Michelle

        http://faith.yahoo.com
      • Dava
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 6, 2002
          > Yeah, this is an icky situation for many publishers (I
          > work for one and we're keeping close watch on it). A
          > lot of color printing occurs in Singapore and Thailand
          > and much of that is going to be delayed (art and color
          > rpg books are near the top of this list). This is also
          > going to hurt anything going to or from Australia.
          >
          > Michelle

          Yeah, the shop where I work is definitely feeling it. All of our
          imported toys are late, and we can't get _anything_ from WizKids,
          which is really bad. We've sold out of the newest HeroClix stuff and
          can't restock it. Oh yes, and for some reason, we can't get sleeves
          for comics and posters. :-/

          My fear was that west coast publishers wouldn't get their books to
          Diamond or other distributors on time.

          Dava
        • studiofoglio
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 6, 2002
            Errr...
            You folks are certainly the people that I should be keeping
            up-to-date on these things, so here goes.
            Girl Genius issue Eight was solicited through Diamond for October,
            yes. But lucky for us, we have until the end of November to get it
            out. And since I am still waiting for the final colors (our fault,
            not the colorists), I suspect that it will hit the stands sometime in
            November. Sorry about that. I could be wrong, but I doubt it. The
            reprint of Buck Godot, zap gun for hire, is probably languishing
            somewhere because of this, tho.
            --Kaja
          • Andrew Barton
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 7, 2002
              Us fans in other countries have our fingers crossed that our copies will
              reach us.

              Andrew (in the UK)