Re: [Girl Genius] The shadow world! (taking it literally)

  • David "No Nickname" Crowe
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 31, 2005
      On Sun, 1 Jan 2006, jsheikg wrote:

      > How about this:
      > The Giesterdamen have lived their entire existance in a Spark
      > made-over place where time has been contracted radically. This did
      > not change other laws of physics however, and natural radioactive
      > decay makes nearly everything in the environment glow with its own
      > light, thus no shadows and no point lightsource. Now they live in a
      > place where things cannot be seen for lack of light on one hand and
      > too much on the other, and it must seem something just short of Hell.

      I'm not sure there'd be that much time manipulation either... it could be
      that the Giesters are the flipside of Jagers and have much shorter
      lifespans, allowing their creator to influence many generations of them
      in a short time.

      --
      David "No Nickname" Crowe jetman@... Website being moved again

      "[He] has a better grasp of real science, but you have a better grasp of
      comic-book science." -My Villians and Vigilantes GM, to me.
    • Sci
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 1, 2006
        > I'm not sure there'd be that much time manipulation either... it could be
        > that the Giesters are the flipside of Jagers and have much shorter
        > lifespans, allowing their creator to influence many generations of them
        > in a short time.
        >
        > --
        > David "No Nickname" Crowe jetman@... Website being moved again

        Hmm, I doubt it. Vrin says specificly that she was a novice when Their Lady
        used to visit frequently. Even if that were only a short time before the
        war, that's still over 18 years ago. That plus an unknown amount for Vrin to
        become a novice. At very least, I'd have thought being 10-15 years old at
        the time. So that puts Vrin's age at around 28-33years old. On a par with
        human aging, by the look of her.

        ~ Sci