Lothario, was: Re: Paranoid

  • Leo J Monaghan
    Message 1 of 29 , Nov 1, 2005
      --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "Blade" <elbereth@d...> wrote:

      > --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "dukeoflogreus" <jb5911@y...>
      wrote:
      > > On an unrelated point: "'Keep you out of trouble?' You?" It
      seems
      > > that Lars is more of a Lothario than I had realized. Think that
      > > might cause a little trouble ahead?
      >
      > See:
      > http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/cgi-bin/ggmain.cgi?date=20050817
      >
      > Specifically, when Lars and Abner are discussing Ab's falling in
      love
      > with Pix:
      >
      > Abner: "I can't wait 'til it happens to you."
      > Lars: "Ha! A sentiment expressed by the enraged fathers of a
      > thousand towns!"
      >
      > Now, he *could* have been bragging. But I never took that exchange
      > that way -- I think Lars has always been a bit of a rake. (Unlike
      > "The Boy Who Likes Monkey Girls", who strikes me as bearing a
      > resemblance to driven snow ...)
      >
      > Blade @;7

      Well, Gil does seem to like Agatha quite a bit (see issue 9, the
      panel right after Agatha kisses him) and from the fact he likes
      the "Adventures of Trelawney Thorpe, Girl Adventurer" I would
      venture that Gil has been dreaming of a "Girl Genius" to enter his
      life for a long time.

      Frankly I feel a bit sorry for Lars, Tarvek and anyone else who
      looks at her romantically once they discover that the Baron's son
      considers her his "fiancé".

      Heh..
    • Debbie
      Message 2 of 29 , Nov 1, 2005
        >"dukeoflogreus" <jb5911@y...> wrote:
        > > > On an unrelated point: "'Keep you out of trouble?' You?" It
        >seems that Lars is more of a Lothario than I had realized. Think that
        >might cause a little trouble ahead?
        > >
        > > Now, he *could* have been bragging. But I never took that exchange
        > > that way -- I think Lars has always been a bit of a rake.
        > > Blade @;7

        My dear, Lars is a Great Big Chicken. Promiscuity carries with it certain
        health risks -- most notably from enraged relatives. Lars may talk the
        talk, but I don't know if he walks the walk. Who's going to catch him out
        on it?

        Debbie
        http://lionesshomeschool.blogspot.com/
        http://www.brigidsforge.com
        Original sterling Gothic and Pagan jewelry

        "He hasn't been the same since his spirit guide discovered object-oriented
        programming."

      • lordamber1985
        Message 3 of 29 , Nov 1, 2005
          --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, Damien Sullivan <phoenix@U...>
          wrote:

          > On Mon, Oct 31, 2005 at 04:15:19PM -0000, lordamber1985 wrote:
          >
          > > is that there are the names of three Mongfishes (Mongfishies?).
          > > Lucrezia, Theo DuMedd, Agatha Heterodyne. Unless Lucrezia's
          father
          > > was named Dr., whe don't even know his name.
          >
          > I think we do know that. Dr. Mongfish -> Lucrezia. Evil villain,
          beautiful
          > daughter.

          So, what is the name of Dr. Mongfish? So far as I recall, he's
          like "Balthazar's Dad". We know who he is, we know who his family
          is, but we're notably lacking on his *personal* name.

          Hmmm. I wonder if Balthazar's Dad isn't named because the name would
          be a spoiler at this point? Probably not, but it's a more amusing
          line of thought than "Phil and Kaja haven't bothered to think one up".

          Sean
        • laughtermaiden
          Message 4 of 29 , Nov 1, 2005
            --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, Debbie <lioness@m...> wrote:

            > >seems that Lars is more of a Lothario than I had realized. Think
            that
            > >might cause a little trouble ahead?
            > > >
            > > > Now, he *could* have been bragging. But I never took that
            exchange
            > > > that way -- I think Lars has always been a bit of a rake.
            > > > Blade @;7
            >
            > My dear, Lars is a Great Big Chicken. Promiscuity carries with it
            certain
            > health risks -- most notably from enraged relatives. Lars may talk
            the
            > talk, but I don't know if he walks the walk. Who's going to catch
            him out
            > on it?
            >
            > Debbie
            > http://lionesshomeschool.blogspot.com/
            > http://www.brigidsforge.com
            > Original sterling Gothic and Pagan jewelry
            >

            > "He hasn't been the same since his spirit guide discovered object-
            oriented
            > programming."

            I have an actor friend who is also a "Great Big Chicken" and Hit with
            the ladies. He surrounds himself with friends who can rescue him if
            he gets in over his head.
          • radio_free_ruritania
            Message 5 of 29 , Nov 1, 2005
              --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "lordamber1985"
              <lordamber1985@y...> wrote:

              > Has anyone any idea as to what was "Mongfish Territory"? All we
              know
              > is that there are the names of three Mongfishes (Mongfishies?).
              > Lucrezia, Theo DuMedd, Agatha Heterodyne. Unless Lucrezia's father
              > was named Dr., whe don't even know his name.
              >
              > The family still exists, at least in the branches. For all we know,
              > Agatha is smack in the middle of the land that was claimed by the
              > Mongfish family back before Klaus took over.

              DuMedd said that until meeting Agatha he didn't have any reletives who
              weren't dead missing or a head in a jar. Mind you, I don't supose
              there is any reason that the family is now a conclave of heads in jars.
            • Bill Jackson
              Message 6 of 29 , Nov 1, 2005
                --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "radio_free_ruritania" <mnb@e...>
                wrote:

                > --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "lordamber1985"
                > <lordamber1985@y...> wrote:
                > >
                > > Has anyone any idea as to what was "Mongfish Territory"? All we
                > know
                > > is that there are the names of three Mongfishes (Mongfishies?).
                > > Lucrezia, Theo DuMedd, Agatha Heterodyne. Unless Lucrezia's
                father
                > > was named Dr., whe don't even know his name.
                > >
                > > The family still exists, at least in the branches. For all we
                know,
                > > Agatha is smack in the middle of the land that was claimed by
                the
                > > Mongfish family back before Klaus took over.
                >
                > DuMedd said that until meeting Agatha he didn't have any reletives
                who
                > weren't dead missing or a head in a jar. Mind you, I don't supose
                > there is any reason that the family is now a conclave of heads in
                jars.

                Hmmmm. Anyone ever read Nexus comics?

                Actually, I was thinking about something like that for our Clockwork
                Princess, especially since I've been trying to watch "The Brain That
                Wouldn't Die". From the looks of the iron lung thingie Tinka is
                attached to, I was maybe a little correct.

                For my birthday my mother gave me a DVD set of "50 Classic Horror
                Movies", and while there are a couple of classics on it ("House on
                Haunted Hill", "The Last Man on Earth"), most are not. Still, these
                movies are filled with all sorts of mad, mad, MAD science.
                And it's made me think of something that I'll eventually start
                another thread for.
              • brellchild
                Message 7 of 29 , Nov 1, 2005
                  ><snippage>

                  > > weren't dead missing or a head in a jar. Mind you, I don't supose
                  > > there is any reason that the family is now a conclave of heads in
                  > jars.
                  > >

                  > Hmmmm. Anyone ever read Nexus comics?

                  I somehow doubt Anevka/Tinka is a Fusionkaster.

                  Or at least I *hope* she isn't...

                  O dear. Whatever would Othar make of this?