Re: Game questions and introduction

  • smkolell
    Message 1 of 774 , Sep 9, 2001
      Hope this helps with your questions.<br><br>There
      are no vampires. Dame AEdith's instructions are only
      useful for popping herself since she has vampire on her
      card. Doing this would be very rare because only 1 or 2
      cards allow you to follow the instructions of a card in
      play. So then you can follow the instrucions of Dame AE
      and then pop her as a vampire and then you could pop
      another vampire by using her instructions once she is
      popped, but alas there are no other vampires to pop. This
      would usually not be smart to do during the game
      because her point value is not high and once popped her
      instructions are as useful as would you like some
      candy.<br><br>To the second, you can not unpop a card. Once a card
      is popped pick all popped cards up and read the
      instructions in the order specified but then you must also
      remember where the card was and which direction it was
      facing. So if the card pops with the Heterodyne Boys the
      card should be off the table and then there is no
      problem. Also, I am almost certain that all the decks are
      the same and no rare or unique cards exist. If I am
      wrong about this dont let me know because I hate CCG's
      and their money making rares. But a card that could
      be a promo given out at some con and then added to
      the deck would be a good idea.<br><br>To the third
      question- MONKEYS try it some time, its really
      good.<br><br>And lastly, GG: The WORKS is so good even my wife
      likes to play it.
    • tomreedtoon
      Message 774 of 774 , Mar 11, 2002
        --- In girlgenius@y..., "m_randalt" <m_randalt@y...> wrote:
        > I wonder if the Mads of Agatha's
        > world even bother with fillings, or just grow another set of teeth!

        > Like sharks or dinosaurs.

        Well, in our world (up to around 1920 or so...any dentists out there
        could contribute the real date) there were no fillings. If you had a
        cavity, you waited until it started hurting, then you pulled the
        tooth. When you lost enough teeth, they'd pull them all and give you
        dentures made of ivory.

        It took them that long to come up with an amalgam (which I take it to
        be a combination of low melting-point metals) that you could pour into
        a tooth cavity without killing the patient. There wasn't much chance
        to prevent cavities, since toothbrushes weren't common and toothpaste
        was nonexistant.

        And if you're thinking that mercury fillings are bad...well, I once
        had a dentist (who later got his license lifted for malpractice) who
        gave me all plastic fillings, saying they'd look natural. Sure did,
        until the fillings (which he didn't tell me were temporary, but
        charged as if they were permanent) started leaking, and I ended up a
        few years later with a whole lot of root canals. Thanks, Doctor (name
        deleted for legal reasons).

        My feeling? In the Girl Genius Universe, someone has devised a way to
        pull teeth with cavities, quickly cast solid gold replacements, and
        plant them in the jaw within fifteen minutes. For a little longer wait
        they might be baked with a white enamel to look natural. Of course,
        like most machines in the GGU, the Molar-Matic is only used by a few
        Sparks, so the common people simply have a lot of gaps in their
        mouths.