Re: Bridge Builder

  • studiofoglio
    Message 1 of 82 , Jul 1, 2005
      WHAT? I took Latin! Snort. Yeah, right: one quarter, enough to get me
      into the habit of using "you (all)" in conversation, which makes me
      sound Southern. I freely admit I know nothing.

      Fortunately, as artists with poor Latin skills, we assume that the
      world (especially the World of Girl Genius) is full of people like us,
      who like the sound of the language but haven't a clue. Such a person
      is responsible for that bridge. (For the record, we knew it was awful
      Latin when we published it...)

      --Kaja

      > > [teasing] Yes! I know, let's have them drop the story =right here=
      > > for a year so they can go take intensive Latin classes. Then Phil and
      > > Kaja can resume the story as 'GirlGenius in the Days of Caesar'. ;)
      >
      > <snork> Now, now, Corgi -- I'm sure the Sheik meant the
      > *bridgebuilders*, not the Foglios. Y'know, 1713 an' all that?
      >
      > Artists don't build bridges. Artists build conversation pieces.
      >
      > Blade @;Z
    • Mary Lowe-Hentges
      Message 82 of 82 , Jul 8, 2005
        [I do. If you know anything about Australian Rules Football.
        Everyone is blind to everything but the Quaffle.
        Mayhem rules!]

        After watching Australian Rules Football, I think I've figured out the rules:
        1. Don't hit the ref, you'll only make him mad.
        2. Stay out of the reach of the fans.

        Annechen Loewenstein
        non scripta non est