Re: [Girl Genius] Re:Krosp Speaks, might be a spoiler

  • Susan Fox-Davis
    Message 1 of 20 , Jul 2, 2002
      My honey loves me. The first thing he did when he came through the door
      yesterday afternoon was hand me GG6, the second one was to say hello and
      then get the $%^& out of the way. Man knows his priorities.

      OK, now that I've read it: the voice that I "heard" in my head was John
      Cleese, sounding rather like Ape from the "George of the Jungle"
      feature. Hey, you have expectations, then you hear the real person and
      he doesn't sound like you expected. That's the way it goes.

      Got to go sort my realities now,
      Susan
    • tomreedtoon
      Message 2 of 20 , Jul 3, 2002
        I appreciate the sentiment in the song parody, but...do you sing? Did
        you sound out the words to the song? Did you realize how off you were?

        Twice today I've had to tell people that their song parodies in no
        way match the meter, rhythm and rhyme of the music! The other time
        was over in "Ain't It Cool News," where one of the amateur comic book
        critics (of the "League of Talkback A*****les") threw together some
        doggerel that nowhere fit the tune of "Route 66."

        Please, fix the song so it can be sung, okay? And you might want to
        buy the Broadway cast version of "The Producers," since the new
        version of the song has a lot more and varied verses. (And, for those
        who simply can't resist writing blank verse, a long "talking"
        section, too.)