Re: [Girl Genius] Worried after Wednesday's page

  • Dale Friesen
    Message 1 of 77 , Jun 1, 2005
      On Jun-1-05, at 12:44 PM, Elizabeth McCoy wrote:

      > At 9:35 AM -0700 6/1/05, Dale Friesen wrote:
      >
      >> On Jun 1, 2005, at 8:05 AM, Elizabeth McCoy wrote:
      >>
      >>> [...]Though at least DuMedd is related to
      >>> Heterodynes, and that might have saved him.
      >>>

      >> Is he? I don't have my back issues here at work, but I was under the
      >> impression that he was related to the Mongfishes.
      >>

      > Yes, and thereby to Agatha, who is half Mongfish...

      So "related to" the Heterodynes while not containing a speck of
      Heterodyne genes.

      Got it. Thank you, ma'am.

      Dale
    • Michael Brazier
      Message 77 of 77 , Jun 5, 2005
        Bill Jackson wrote:

        > Now, we have two of the classic monsters in the GG Universe:
        > Frankenstein-types and Hyde-types. We have hirts of '50s-style giant
        > animal-type monsters running loose in Europe, and I'd bet there is a
        > dark lake or black lagoon somewhere that has a man-fish critter in
        > it. Why can't there be wolf/man or bat/man (no copyright
        > infringement intended) hybrids running around? What if the condition
        > is caused by a tailored virus that will infect someone if they are
        > bitten? What if the virii cause things like allergies to sunlight,
        > wolfbane, garlic, and silver?

        What if Vlad Heterodyne "the Blasphemous" was inspired by the Slavic
        vampire/werewolf myths when he made the first Jaegerkin? Some versions
        of vampirism (for instance, the ones where humans have to drink the
        vampire's blood to be converted) would be ideal ways of making loyal
        minions, for the world-conquering variety of Spark ... as the early
        Heterodynes were. If you were a mad biochemist, wouldn't you want
        minions that can create more minions with nothing more than a few drops
        of their own blood?