TARDISitic properties of Olga's Tent

  • John Reiher
    Message 1 of 10 , May 31, 2005
      Looking at the relative positions of Agatha and Othar in Olga's tent,
      it is bigger on the inside than it is on the outside. Considering the
      shape of the tent and the preponderance of clocks... I wonder if it
      shares some properties with a certain unnamed physician's Police Call
      Box?

      Besides, I kept finding my eyes resting on a pleasant image in
      different frames... Agatha has gotten over her shyness, hasn't she?

      --
      ------------------------
      Kedamono@...
      Message 2 of 10 , May 31, 2005
        --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, John Reiher <kedamono@a...> wrote:
        > Looking at the relative positions of Agatha and Othar in Olga's tent,
        > it is bigger on the inside than it is on the outside. Considering the
        > shape of the tent and the preponderance of clocks... I wonder if it
        > shares some properties with a certain unnamed physician's Police Call
        > Box?
        >
        > Besides, I kept finding my eyes resting on a pleasant image in
        > different frames... Agatha has gotten over her shyness, hasn't she?

        Word. Part of me thinks it just an excuse to draw Agatha in corsets
        and low-cut dresses, and the rest of me simply doesn't have a problem
        with that.

        Best,
        Tom Smith
        The World's Fastest Filker
        http://www.tomsmithonline.com/
      • Debbie
        Message 3 of 10 , May 31, 2005
          >Besides, I kept finding my eyes resting on a pleasant image in
          >different frames... Agatha has gotten over her shyness, hasn't she?
          >
          >--
          > ------------------------
          >Kedamono@...

          It's a stage costume, not street wear. Different rules apply.

          The Victorian era's prudery was offset by many advocates of situational nudity.

          Debbie
          http://www.brigidsforge.com
          Original sterling Gothic and Pagan jewelry

          "He hasn't been the same since his spirit guide discovered object-oriented
          programming."

        • Bob Gutshall
          Message 4 of 10 , May 31, 2005
            Besides, I kept finding my eyes resting on a pleasant image in
            different frames... Agatha has gotten over her shyness, hasn't she?

            not neccessarily. She _was_ in costume when Othar grabbed
            her....

          • John Reiher
            Message 5 of 10 , May 31, 2005
              On May 31, 2005, at 10:07 PM, Tom Smith wrote:

              > Word. Part of me thinks it just an excuse to draw Agatha in corsets
              > and low-cut dresses, and the rest of me simply doesn't have a problem
              > with that.

              Yowza. Here's to Herr Professor Foglio and his mighty pen and pencil!
              Let's hope he draws more of Agatha in scantily arrayed garments,
              wielding massive firearms against foes both Sparky and Arcane!

              --
              ------------------------
              Kedamono@...
              http://www.ahtg.net
              http://www.livejournal.com/users/johnreiher/
              ------------------------
              "Another one of them new worlds.
              No beer, no women, no pool parlors - nothin'.
              Nothing to do but throw rocks at tin cans and we got to bring our own
              tin cans."
              ---- Ship's Cook, United Planets Cruiser C-57D
              Forbidden Planet

            • Tiirz
              Message 6 of 10 , May 31, 2005
                > Looking at the relative positions of Agatha and Othar in Olga's tent,
                > it is bigger on the inside than it is on the outside. Considering the
                > shape of the tent and the preponderance of clocks... I wonder if it
                > shares some properties with a certain unnamed physician's Police Call
                > Box?

                ;)

                Last Saturday's episode of Doctor Who did have a very GG type moment where
                The Doctor is being twitted about having a sonic screwdriver; "Who looks at
                a screwdriver and says, well, that could be more sonic?" or there abouts. I
                haven't watched it more than once, so exact quote may vary. Digital rayguns
                are also very cool, and I want one...
              • Adam Canning
                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 1, 2005
                  >I wonder if it
                  > shares some properties with a certain unnamed physician's Police Call
                  > Box?

                  OBSF He's a PhD [Temporal Engineering, if I recall what Drax said
                  correctly] rather than an MD. His medical skills are the somewhat
                  adhoc result of hundreds of years of experience.

                  --
                  Adam Canning
                  Flat 2, 2 Carey Street,
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jun 1, 2005
                    And that's one of the reasons *respectable* young ladies didn't go on
                    the stage.

                    (And I don't see this as Olga's tent; it's backstage in the main
                    tent. The clocks in the bottom left panel are a backdrop - we didn't
                    happen to see it, but oh well.)

                    --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, Debbie <lioness@m...> wrote:

                    > >Kedamono@a...
                    >
                    > It's a stage costume, not street wear. Different rules apply.
                    >
                    > The Victorian era's prudery was offset by many advocates of
                    situational nudity.

                    > Debbie
                    > http://www.brigidsforge.com
                    > Original sterling Gothic and Pagan jewelry
                    >

                    > "He hasn't been the same since his spirit guide discovered object-
                    oriented
                    > programming."

                  • Mary Lowe-Hentges
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jun 3, 2005
                      [Yowza. Here's to Herr Professor Foglio and his mighty pen and pencil! Let's hope he draws more of Agatha in scantily arrayed garments, wielding massive firearms against foes both Sparky and Arcane!]

                      Huzzah for Herrin Professroa and prayers for equal time!

                      "You! Minion! Why am I tied to this table? And where are my PANTS?"

                      Annechen Loewenstein
                      non scripta non est

                    • gizmo_tinkerer
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jun 3, 2005
                        Hi,

                        I cannot find the original article, but several companies use
                        vibrations to loosen stuck, underground cable:

                        ( http://www.cif.org/nominations/nom_313.html )->

                        tuned and controlled vibration frequencies <-

                        ( http://www.epri.com/newsletter.asp?
                        issueid=224018&marketnid=224780 )->

                        EPRI's technique employs highly specialized pulling equipment in
                        combination with lubrication and vibration to provide a low-cost
                        method of cable excavation. The conduits are first lubricated under
                        pressure to agitate sediments; then a pulling line is attached to the
                        cable underground and a vibrating device is installed between the
                        duct mouth and the first pulley in the rigging. Low tension and
                        vibration are applied simultaneously to work the abandoned cable
                        free. After removal of the vibration device, the cable is pulled from
                        the conduit. <-

                        -Gizmo