78737RE: That sound you hear

  • jsheikg
    Oct 15, 2013

      Since we don't know how the device or field works, the number may be arbitrary.

      One option for the operation of the thing is a field that decays by geometric progression; very slowly at first but increasing in tempo until at last it collapses almost instantly.

      ---In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, <one_brow@...> wrote:

      >It can't be a "five year" timer, either. It takes a real dumb person to put the shutoff timer on a stasis field inside the field.

      If the field slows down time, as opposed to
      stopping it completely, it would make perfect sense.  If one second passes inside th ebubble for every year outside, a five-second timer would allow five years to pass outside.

      Come, let us reason together
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic