78068Re: That Darn Manga!

  • Nanakisan
    Mar 1, 2013
      --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "joleenwhite" <joleenwhite@...> wrote:

      > > Obviously, this bad influence must be destroyed. Once I perfect my time
      > > machine, I'm going to make sure Osamu Tezuka is never born and that should
      > > put a stop to Mr. Phil Foglio's "more relaxed pace"!
      >
      > As someone who came to this a little late, I have to say I agree with Phil on the pacing. Reading the archives through from the beginning is very enjoyable. Now that I am caught up, of course, it is painful. I'll borrow your time machine and just go forward about a decade and camp in front of a computer to read up.

      I to must agree with the pacing. Unlike Godot. Girl Genius thrives off of the cliff hangers and such. Not to mention the key benefit here is. Not as many text bubbles and more details in the actions being portrayed.

      Best example
      http://www.airshipentertainment.com/buckcomic.php?date=20080322

      With this

      Sorry many good examples i know. But that was the best one i could pull out.
      Anyway the thing here is. There is more emphasis being shown on the characters actions moreover their heads and what they say. Something i agree with. Osamu Tezuka's mangas always had this sort of pacing. Its what made him a genius with his works.
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic