76241Re: [Girl Genius] Re: Girl Genius Nov 20, 2011 - "A New Record"

  • Eric Oppen
    Dec 2, 2011
      Quoting David Goldfarb <goldfarbdj@...>:

      > On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 5:58 PM, petecady <oldblevins@...> wrote:
      >> I think it was Larry Niven wrote an article, a long time back,
      >> about the Superman/Lois Lane relationship and the problems
      >> involved...entitled "Man of Steel, Woman of Putty," if I recall
      >> correctly. Somewhat on point.
      > Yes it was Niven, but it was "Kleenex" rather than "Putty". (And he
      > overlooked the obvious solution of having them consummate their
      > marriage in the bottle city of Kandor, where Superman had no powers.

      It also overlooked the fact that Superman was a regular visitor to
      Kandor...which was a Kryptonian city, albeit miniaturized by Brainiac,
      and populated by Kryptonians to whom Supes was a big hero. My guess
      is that in "off-screen" time there, he got so much action that getting
      away was kind of a relief. "Have pity, ladies! I'm only one man,
      albeit a highly oversexed one!"