74793Re: " --so how are you any better?" --- Its the beer

    May 2, 2011
      --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "DARRELLSTEPHANIE" <vvalkyrie@...> wrote:
      > > I don't think it's implied they just don't WANT to go to America--the Secret Blueprints (again, fwiw) pretty much say it's IMPOSSIBLE to get there--
      > >
      > Throw into that the likelihood that the Europeans of GG did reach the Americas, possibly producing an effect similar to the actual history, e.g. pandemics that wiped out whole villages due to a lack of immunity, and one can see that, while they might have brought home some plants to add to the botanical gardens and various cuisines, going back to the Americas after that might prove a bit...dangerous.

      I can't remember where it was written, but it's been so long since anyone's been there that people have started to think the America's never existed in the first place and the whole thing was made up. I think it might actually have been in the extra stuff at the end of the original comic issues. Might have been with Prof. Vogel's proposals to reach America. You know, it's a shame none of that stuff has made its way into the collections or the web page. That was funny stuff.