7189Re: Mad Scientist's Club...

  • gaertk
    Oct 1 5:27 PM
      --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, Brooks Rowlett <brooksar@i...>
      wrote:
      > I also very fondly remember the Mad Scientists Club books, though I
      > am too young to remember the Boy's Life appearances.
      > In terms of Mad Scientists for the above-7 crowd, I am behind on the
      > digests, but has Artemis Fowl been mentioned?

      The first book was pretty good, but the second didn't seem to add
      much, and I haven't read any further. Still not a bad choice for
      that age group, and he's definitely a Spark.

      A better choice would be Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate
      Events. I've already mentioned Violet as a Spark, and Sunny probably
      is too, and the villains certainly have Sparky personalities.

      --KG
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic