69302Re: Time Windows - a caution

  • Prof. Zarchne (of Zarkhnistan)
    Feb 3, 2010
      On Tue, Feb 02, 2010 at 02:09:58PM -0800, Amanda Servello wrote:
      > All things considered, we've got better evidence that the thing in the
      > girl's head is her mother than we do that it's the Other. (still pretty
      > dang sure it's the Other, but hey)

      And I'll take this opportunity to once again (apologies to
      those who are sick of it) remind people that "the Other" is
      a term from Continental philosophy which represents
      something like "that (people) which, though not necessarily
      evil in itself, I make my enemy in order to improve myself".

      Although I believe there are many more characters yet to be
      revealed, I suspect that in the end there will not be one
      true "the Other" who is clearly the god-villain in the story
      but in fact various facets of the Other will be explained as
      respective mistakes (some malicious, some not) made by
      various parties.

      I wonder if Merlot's behaviour is foreshadowing.
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic