62945Re: Terminology (was: Vanamonde)
- Apr 1, 2009--- In firstname.lastname@example.org, "Sea Change" <nakedkali@...> wrote:
> Corgi barked:
> > [snip] Most of the things you all would run around calling crests? Aren't.
> Sea Change asks:;
> I know when we had the discussion on all the different
> badges in Europa a couple of years ago we were
> calling them sigils. Is this OK, or is this also a "bad
sig·il (sjl, sgl)
1. A seal; a signet.
1. A seal, especially one used officially to mark documents.
2. The impression made with such a seal.
2. A sign or an image considered magical.
Possibly sigil? Certainly classier-sounding than 'badge.'
"We don't need..."
- << Previous post in topic