50714Re: Baron Gilgimesh Wulfenbach

  • Prof. Zarchne (of Zarkhnistan)
    Nov 26, 2007
      On Mon, Nov 26, 2007 at 08:21:30PM -0000, Daimajoou wrote:
      > --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "Adam" <adam@...> wrote:
      > > What this fictional Europe needs is a reason to *voluntarily* unify
      > > and cooperate. There's one big element of any functional government
      > > that appears to be missing in GG Europe: a unified economy with
      > > inter-city trade.

      > It's incredibly difficult to make city-states work together willingly
      > when the roads between them are not safe and the smaller transition
      > villages that might be between them have their own menagerie of
      > problems and are not being paid attention to by any of the bigger
      > names.

      > In GG,
      > it would fall to Klaus (or someone appointed by him) to give attention
      > to the smaller towns, which would be difficult for a fairly new
      > empire, since this requires time and money no matter how you cut it,
      > and the bigger cities need to be stabilized and contained first so
      > that they don't pull together and decide to unite against Klaus, an
      > alliance that would likely desolve as soon as the job is done.

      I suppose Hufftberg and Tartown are still among the larger
      cities in this context. If a "Corbettite terminal" is
      basically the part of a factory that connects to the
      Corbettite Monks' railway system then we do see Klaus
      (through Boris) dealing with infrastructure issues on a
      fairly low level.

      It's so hard when the recognized leaders (at least the ones
      with vision) are all insane.
    • Show all 59 messages in this topic