43773Re: Pink Dress = Red Shirt

  • wusemajor
    May 1, 2007
      --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "Steven Rewa" <rewastev@...> wrote:
      > --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "wusemajor" <Wuse_Major@> wrote:
      > > Given that a Jaeger could probably get out of a noose with little
      > > difficulty, the Generals were apparently trying to figure out how to
      > > serve Agatha and the Baron at the same time, and Da Boyz won't enter
      > > the city, I have to say that I think they are generally constructs of
      > > their word.
      > I don't really follow you here. The generals weren't trying to serve
      > Agatha and Klaus. They didn't even know Agatha existed until she
      > arrived at Castle Wulfenbach. They did what they had to to serve
      > themselves.
      > And anyway, if Jaegers could get out of nooses easily, they wouldn't
      > have needed Agatha to cut them down. You must have meant that
      > metaphorically, eh?
      > -Steve

      The thing is though, that the Jaegers are the hereditary servants of
      the Heterodynes and only serve Klaus because there were no Heterodynes
      left. Once the Generals found out that there was one left, they
      became obligated to serve her. However, they also made some contract
      with Klaus, so they were obligated to follow that contract. Because
      Agatha didn't know who she was, they had both some time and some
      wiggle room to figure out what to do.

      As far as the nooses go, I have trouble believing that they couldn't
      have simply torn their way through that rope, so I suspect that they
      were only hanging up there because they agreed to (as part of a game
      of Hangman with Othar).
    • Show all 30 messages in this topic