4198[Girl Genius] Re: Where's GG 10! Where's GG 10! Where GG 10! Where's GG 10!

  • Bill Jackson
    Oct 1 5:00 AM
      --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, Damien Sullivan <phoenix@U...>
      wrote:
      > On Tue, Sep 30, 2003 at 02:17:27PM -0000, Bill Jackson wrote:
      >
      > Not really. The speculation was about how much religion is extant
      and
      > relevant "now". Assuming divergence from our history sometime
      between the
      > Renaissance and the Industral Revolution then I think we can assume
      shared
      > history and religion before then, which includes easy access to all
      the old
      > religion references. That they picked such names for themselves I
      think just
      > tells us that they knew of the old legend, not what they might
      believe.

      > -xx- Damien X-)

      Ah, but the legends are still there, still in the public
      conciousness. How many Babylonian folk tales can you remember, off
      the top of your head? If it's one, you've got me beat.
      The line about them being Jewish is a very, very, very old joke, and
      you not realizing that it was a joke makes me feel very, very, very
      old.

      Bill, who's not 50 yet (but I can see it from where I'm standing)
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic