      dizzydava=
      I'm also quite fond of the beetle-shaped dingbot that looks a bit
      like a lady bug (ladybird for all you non-Southerners).
      --gearweasle comments:
      I grew up in Kentucky and transplanted to Minnesota; we only
      called 'em ladybugs in both places. Maybe its a mid-western thing...

      dizzydava=
      The flashback scene is my absolute favorite part of the book! I find
      it most significant when Uncle Barry says, "Here are pictures of your
      mom and dad. How they _really_ looked."
      --gearweasle comments:
      I was really impressed that Phil has Barry dressed in chains when he
      enslaves Agatha's spark.

      dizzydava=
      Are Agatha'a eyes blue or green?
      --gearweasle comments:
      Green is my position. You may note, in Issue 4, when Moloch clamps
      his hands over her mouth, it's rendered in a blue, but I think that
      was just to keep the whites prominently shocked, as the gradients of
      the eyeballs were blue; the entire eyes were a greyscale in blue to
      emphasize white fright. The next page, her eyes are green. Also, in
      GG:the Works she has green eyes on the Agatha card-value 5. And
      Laurie Smith renders them green in the short story, "The Electric
      Coffin". Mostly, I think the blue possibilities only come from being
      behind blue-colored glasses.

      dizzydava=
      I adore all the dingbot/mimmoth scenes. I know the dingbots qualify
      as pests, so I'm expecting the little guys to overrun Europe. Did
      anyone notice the dingbot Conga line?
      --gearweasle comments:
      I don't know that Agatha would use the word "adore". Notice she's
      looking directly at the pervert dingbot that's running underneath her
      skirt! Well! As to overpopulating pests, they seem to suffer
      from "Xerox effect"-- that's to say, the later copies are inferior to
      the originals and so on. Personally, I think they just wanna hang
      with Miss Clay.

      Ah, Conga lines. When I was in High School, in science class, the
      equations that seemed to have little practical value, got retired to
      Conga line duty. PV = nRT was the one I remember, truly useless in
      chemistry, but great for winding up and down the halls in a Conga
      line. Perhaps we should have Equation Conga Line Contests at the next
      GG conventions? Whaddya think?

      dizzydava=
      Does the clank play music while speaking, or are his words somehow
      musical?
      --gearweasle comments:
      I imagine a singing Canadian Mounty style, at worse, in Duddley Do-
      Right's voice.

      dizzydava=
      Overall, great issue! Quick pace, nice developments, excellent art.
      Even the coloring was better than usual (I am, admittedly, _not_ a
      fan of computerized coloring). And the sculpture at the end was
      cool! Should we all start sending pics of Agatha idols we've crafted
      at home?
      --gearweasle comments:
      OOOO! At shot at McNabb! This deserves a separate post, but I'll say
      here that McNabb's coloring and shading choices carry the entire
      page24! Phil's line art is weak there, and it's McNabb who spotlights
      Gil desperation, and who gives depth to the Slaver Wasps shadowy
      menace.

      Would you allow purchased Agatha iconography count for sending in
      pics? I've got a polymer clay Krosp I purchased (sans coat, it's just
      a white cat) that I keep just underneath my monitor.

      --gearweasle
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic