20304Lothario, was: Re: Paranoid

  • Leo J Monaghan
    Nov 1 12:10 AM
      --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "Blade" <elbereth@d...> wrote:

      > --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, "dukeoflogreus" <jb5911@y...>
      wrote:
      > > On an unrelated point: "'Keep you out of trouble?' You?" It
      seems
      > > that Lars is more of a Lothario than I had realized. Think that
      > > might cause a little trouble ahead?
      >
      > See:
      > http://www.girlgeniusonline.com/cgi-bin/ggmain.cgi?date=20050817
      >
      > Specifically, when Lars and Abner are discussing Ab's falling in
      love
      > with Pix:
      >
      > Abner: "I can't wait 'til it happens to you."
      > Lars: "Ha! A sentiment expressed by the enraged fathers of a
      > thousand towns!"
      >
      > Now, he *could* have been bragging. But I never took that exchange
      > that way -- I think Lars has always been a bit of a rake. (Unlike
      > "The Boy Who Likes Monkey Girls", who strikes me as bearing a
      > resemblance to driven snow ...)
      >
      > Blade @;7

      Well, Gil does seem to like Agatha quite a bit (see issue 9, the
      panel right after Agatha kisses him) and from the fact he likes
      the "Adventures of Trelawney Thorpe, Girl Adventurer" I would
      venture that Gil has been dreaming of a "Girl Genius" to enter his
      life for a long time.

      Frankly I feel a bit sorry for Lars, Tarvek and anyone else who
      looks at her romantically once they discover that the Baron's son
      considers her his "fiancé".

      Heh..
    • Show all 29 messages in this topic