18164[Girl Genius] Re: Tinka's Fate

  • Blade
    Oct 1, 2005
      --- In girlgenius@yahoogroups.com, therianthropologist_dave
      <no_reply@y...> wrote:
      > If I must speculate, I'd make a wild guess that some sort of
      > Galatean moment presents itself.

      Hmmm ... using which version of the myth? The one in which Galatea
      and Polyphemus are happy lovers, or the one in which Polyphemus kills
      Galatea's lover Acis in a jealous rage?

      Either suggests to me the possibility, however, that Tinka may have
      grown to love her captor over the time since her kidnapping. Not sure
      I like that thought, although it would make for an interesting story
      twist, certainly ....

      Blade
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic