Something I learned

  • Ralph 1303
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 7 3:01 AM
      Abraham-Hicks say *If you're not selfish enough to want to feel good, then you can't connect with the energy that is your Source which does always feel good*

      The first time I read this, I rejected it out of hand as I thought it was always wrong to be selfish.

      The second time I read it, I noticed that it said - not selfish enough- I.e. there was a qualification to the selfishness.

      The third time I read it, I saw that it said - not selfish enough to want to feel good.

      Then I realised that the reality is that we all are a little bit selfish sometimes and we all want to feel good all the time.

      Yesterday, at 3.30 in the morning, I made a decision to do what I wanted to do and go back to sleep, rather than do what I thought I ought to do.

      I do not think it matters what I thought I ought to do because when I did get up at  a reasonable time, I found that what I thought I ought to do had not been necessary.

      However, by being refreshed and awake enabled me to cope with life a lot better than being tired and irritable.

      More importantly, possibly, I had no feelings of guilt about going back to sleep. Consequently, I noticed that I was interpreting what was said to me in a different way, a more accurate way, than I would have done if I had been so busy blaming myself for not getting up that I was not paying proper attention to what I was hearing.

      I am not sure if I have made any sense but as I read back through it, I saw how my whole life I have put myself on the back foot by paying too much attention to what I thought I ought to have done.

      I am not advocating total selfishness but I am advocating feeling good.

      Best wishes,
      Ralph

      which was get up and see if my wife wanted company as she evidently could not sleep and had got up and dressed.

      Of course, my wife was totally shattered. Because she could not sleep, she had spent four hours or so at her PC, engrossed in her passion for historical information. She would not have wanted me disturbing her anyway.

    • Annie Marcaigh
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 7 11:19 AM
        Ralph! Why on Earth would you (or anyone else) feel guilty/selfish for going back to sleep at 3:00am!!!????  Sleep well, work and worry later!!!!
        and Happy Sunday!!!!
        Annie

        To: giftoflovingkindness@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 7 2:51 PM
          Hi Annie,

          It's complicated but I learned something from it.

          Best wishes,
          Ralph