Wanting and passion

  • RSL March
    Message 1 of 1 , May 1, 2012
      I received two inspirational posts in my emails, this morning. The first is from Abraham-Hicks and the second from *The Secret*.

      I can relate to both of them.

      Many people will know that the Bible says :- Ask and you shall receive ….. Ask for anything in my name and it will be given.

      Also, many people have found that this is not their experience of life.

      For many years, I thought that *in my name* meant *as God would want* in other words I was asking God for the things God had already decided to give me.

      I should be a winner every time, on that basis.

      For two and a half years, I have been wanting something that I have not seen materialised. Yesterday, I saw the last blockage fall away and I am now totally confident that my waiting is virtually over. In fact, I am just waiting for my own convenience.

      The only self-convincing that I needed to do, was to allow myself to believe that other parties involved also wanted the same thing. All the time I felt that I needed to battle against them, I could not allow my receiving because I was not willing to go into battle. Any time I started to think about this, great passions were aroused within me. I then had an internal conflict, whether to go with my passions and go into battle or to follow my normal way of being and wait patiently.

      I can see how my passion about what I did not want was getting in the way of my allowing what I did want.

      However, there are other people in the equation and I expect their passions came into play, as well. This is how it seems to me at the moment.

      The quotes:-

      When you ask, it is given, every single time, no exceptions. You are beloved, blessed Beings who deserve good things—but it takes a self-convincing before you will allow good things.
      --- Abraham

      From The Secret Daily Teachings from*The Secret*

      Most people don't realize how much passion they put into what they don't want. When you speak to a friend and you tell them all about an "awful" situation, you are putting passion into what you don't want. When you react to an event negatively, with the response that it is "terrible", you are putting passion into what you don't want.
      You are a beautiful passionate being, so make sure you direct your passion wisely.
      May the joy be with you,

      Best wishes,
      Ralph

      My way may not be the only way; just the only way I knew when I needed my life to change.