Re: Off Days

  • Kriya
    Message 1 of 18 , May 1, 2011
      It really is! I can't even put into words how absolutely freeing it is
      to truly know this and live this.
      Be Well
      Brandi

      --- In giftoflovingkindness@yahoogroups.com, "Jacqui Daane"
      <jayvare@...> wrote:

      > Hi Brandi,
      > Thank you for the nice words, I just try to bring love wherever I am.
      > Do have a nice day and take care of yourself.
      > Remember this day is all we have, tomorrow is a dream and yesterday is
      long gone.
      > Be aware of who you are, a unique being, there isn't another like you
      anywhere on earth. Isn't that awesome?.
      > Hug yourself.
      > Jacqui.
      > .

    • asfisherman
      Message 2 of 18 , May 2, 2011
        Thanks for the book reference Brandi. It does sound pretty similar to the other book. I read some where a while back that mindfulness was being taught to high school kids over in England some where. As its popularity keeps growing it should be just a matter of time before different aspects of it start to get integrated into our school system here in the U.S. I know that Daniel Goldman's book, Emotional Intelligence, has influenced many in the educational field.
        Wishing you the very Best, John

        --- In giftoflovingkindness@yahoogroups.com, "Kriya" <kriya6@...> wrote:

        > John~
        > I actually have a very similar book called The Mindfulness and
        > Acceptance Workbook for Depression (
        > http://www.amazon.com/Mindfulness-Acceptance-Workbook-Depression-Commitm\
        > ent/dp/1572245484/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1304096500&sr=8-1
        > <http://www.amazon.com/Mindfulness-Acceptance-Workbook-Depression-Commit\
        > ment/dp/1572245484/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1304096500&sr=8-1> ) It has
        > been incredibly helpful, ACT therapy was my first experience with the
        > concept that I don't have to get rid of my sadness or anxiety because
        > it's all that pushing away that creates the most struggle in the first
        > place. It was really helpful how many times the authors reiterate that
        > it is a common belief that we shouldn't feel this or that way so I
        > shouldn't beat myself up for doing what is apparently the "normal"
        > reaction to unpleasant feelings. They should be teaching this stuff in
        > elementary schools, I can't believe they aren't. Imagine if this was
        > the socially NORMAL way of processing life? We'd be living in a whole
        > different world, wouldn't we?
        > Thanks,
        > Brandi
        > --- In giftoflovingkindness@yahoogroups.com, "asfisherman"
        > <asfisherman@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi Brandi,
        > > I found this book pretty helpful. It comes with a CD with guided
        > meditations. Wishing you the Best, John
        > >

        > http://www.amazon.com/Mindful-Way-through-Depression-Unhappiness/dp/1593\
        > 851286/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1304085307&sr=8-1

      • Kriya
        Message 3 of 18 , May 2, 2011
          I've read Daniel's wife's book, Emotional Alchemy, well, honestly, I've
          read some of it, every time I've tried to read it I've been such a mess
          that trying to do such intensive inner work was just way too much. I
          love the book though, still have it on my shelf and still plan on
          reading it when I can give it my deepest attention.

          \