Detecting a shift

  • Ralph 1303
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 1, 2010
      Hi Sadhana,

      Thanks for posting the link. I think it is appropriate to post a message I posted on another group, a little while ago. It is at the bottom of this page.

      Also, on a side tack, I see in the article in your link, that the writer describes, Karma, is the ripple effect eventually coming back to oneself.

      I understood it to men some thing more specific than that. What does anyone else think?

      Best wishes,

      Ralph

      Hello Jan and Ralph,

      I have found the following article that speaks about how consumers are becoming so much more aware of what their choices are "feeding".  I think this is (as you say) a very important shift that can topple corporate greed at some point.

      Kind regards Sadhana

      Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

      I am a newbie and hadn't intended to post until I had got to know the group better but I saw on
      www.bashar.org
      that we are encouraged to follow our excitement (I think it was in the Fundamentals transcript) and what Daniel **** posted really excited me.

      This is what I have needed to hear for several weeks, "Wealth is not about how much is in your pay-check our your bank account. * ... It's about abundance. * That works as long as no one wants to use excess amounts."

      I having been living in abundance for years but my bank account doesn't always indicate that.

      You also said, "There is enough for all. ...some people believe there isn't enough, and this belief causes hoarding and inequality which creates imbalances."

      I freely admit that all my life, I have assumed that poverty is caused because there isn't enough of everything to go round and that has dominated all my thinking.

      I suppose, when you think about it. The Universe would not allow us to continually keep on reproducing more and more humans if there was not enough of what we need for us all for to survive.

      What I am trying to understand is why things are the way we are and whether I can or should do anything to change it. ... ..

      ... ... Your post led me on a train of thought.

      I live in a small town in England. The population is about 20,000.
      We have three supermarkets in the town and they each belong to a different national chain.

      Each of the national chains were founded on different principles.

      One is a purely commercial organisation, it exists to make money. Ultimately every decision has to boil down to what makes the most money.

      Another is a partnership, every co-worker is also a partner in the organisation. As far as I understand, decisions are made according to what the partners believe is right and they have some freedom to make decisions based on ethics or other non profit oriented factors.

      The third chain is part of the co-operative movement. It was founded on the principles of the co-operative movement and any profits that are made go back to the members who are also customers. Decisions are made according to what the members believe are right whether or not that maximises profits.

      So each of these supermarket chains has a different basic policy or philosophy and each has been a pioneering organisation that has made a difference to the way people live and work.

      In Britain the purchasing power of supermarket chains is profoundly powerful.

      If I am typical of people in my town, which I may not be, then 25% of the income of the town is spent in those three supermarkets.

      25%of the income of 20,000 people is a vast amount of money and the purchasing power of that money is immensely powerful.

      So ordinary people like me, have the power, to influence huge organisations, simply by choosing where we shop.

      Each of these organisations was founded by someone who had an idea.
      People who have ideas can make a difference.

      Things do not have to be done the way they have always been done.

      Best wishes,
      Ralph

    • Kay Needham
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 1, 2010
        Hi Ralph,

        Thankyou for the post. It is very relevant to yet another email I sent to another group just yesterday.  If its ok I will paste it at the end here. It may be a little "advanced" or not easy to understand for many as it was written to psychologists and therapists and has a certain language that they are used to. It presents a big picture, a wide one that stretches the boundaries of the "normal mind." However, a few of you many find it very interesting. I would love you to forward it to the person who wrote the email you pasted here as he or she is obviously on the right track in growing awareness of these things. This may help to encourage their direction for transformation.

        The writer you have pasted says:

        I freely admit that all my life, I have assumed that poverty is caused because there isn't enough of everything to go round and that has dominated all my thinking.

        I suppose, when you think about it. The Universe would not allow us to continually keep on reproducing more and more humans if there was not enough of what we need for us all for to survive.

        The insights below explain how distribution of "abundance" in this world is highjacked and taken in a wrong direction for growth of richness in all dimensions of life.

        Enjoy!
        Kind regards Sadhana

        Lately I am beginning to observe many illness and diseases ("clinical" depression included) as directly attributed to the very same dynamic that creates Poverty. In a wider perspective and understanding poverty could also be referred to as illness. The basic problem with all of these things is that they are "out of the right order" or blueprint that exists to ensure right direction of growth, in the whole of nature. They are a secondary root that grows horizontally along the linear path of evolution, and not a primary root that grows vertically towards transformation and the fruit and the flowers.  The hidden underlying dynamic of all these things is that they take their life and they exist at the expense of real live life force in nature. This secondary root is actually feeding off the primary root and sucking it dry. This is the real problem. It is a basic problem of "the wrong direction" for growth and existential strength to happen. For example in the case of "clinical" depression. Clinical depression takes its form and definition from the mentally ill. It takes its life from illness and it in itself is ill. It keeps growing as the huge secondary root attached to the primary root and it also sucks life force dry. This is actually "the mind trying to solve the mind" or the "problem trying to fix the problem". It never works because the whole movement is in a wrong direction. Instead of being linear and horizontal it needs to be vertical/non linear.

        I also observe that these secondary movements are actually driven by "intellect" the mind/logic/science/survival and masculine principles of action related to that. What is missing here is the "feminine" principles of creation that happen via meditation, instinct and intuition.....particularly intuition. This is the real attunment to life force that preserves, maintains and sustains life. I suspect all of these world problems, economy included are due to the same deficit. The feminine has been excluded and there are secondary roots everywhere creating existential entanglement in catostrophic proportion. In fact I would go as far as to say: that if there is a conscious inclusion of the "great feminine" in the world the solution to all these problems would arise by itself. This is a true story about the fields in which we all live. The masculine needs to serve the feminine, not dominate it.

        Secondary roots are how "maya" or "illusion" is created. For me, Rupert Seldrake and his observations of fields within fields opens these understandings. He says that morphogenic fields of unconsciousness are created via "imitation". Of course! The problem is they actually create a life of their own via disconnection from what is real. Collectively these fields can end up controlling everyone in the field in spite of themselves, just because the greater force of the field is greater than the conscious field of the individual. We have seen this with all wars however to see this in every system that constitutes the whole of this existence including ourselves is something that has not happened yet collectively.

        I also observe that the whole dynamic is pure physics. Newtons third law of motion explains this movement exactly. Imitation is the "opposite and equal reaction (the centrifugal or centre fleeing force), to a basic centre of truth ( a centipetal force.) The centripetal force is actually  a magnetic force that forms a spiral. The centrifugal force moves in a linear, horizontal or straight direction. When the centripetal force of reality rooted in life force is greater than the false or centrifugal it begins to pull the false back to life. In the present the morphogenic fields of centrifugal linear movement driven by imitation have a greater force collectively, and life suffers. It is up to each and every one of us to become aware of what our actions feed and to move in a direction that is connected to life force.

        This pattern needs to be interrupted. I firmly believe this is the only work possible for any psychologist, business executitve, health worker etc. It is the single pointed focus of interrupting a pattern that is interferring in the movement and flow of love and life itself. In this, direction is changed. Life and consciousness, like water flows towards the ocean continuously changing direction to get there. Direction is so important, may we all honour this miracle of water in life and love and act in accordance of the higher good that guides us.

        Someone a few days ago,  asked what are the "internal sentences" to say to someone who is identified with giving and moving in wrong directions.  All fields governed by imitation are affected and governed by a false form of giving/movement.  Existentially nothing is exhanged nor given as it all happens from a state of disconnection. A few good sentences to turn it all around would be:

        Who was God is your family?

        You are not my mother.

        You are not so big afterall.

        You are not so big as you thought you were.

        It's none of your business.

        Please mind your own business.

        You are not innocent.

        I will take care of myself thankyou.

        Your mother loves you.

        Your concern is not mine.

        I am fine without you.

        My life is not yours.

        Your problem is not my solution.

        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 1, 2010
          Hi Ralph

          In my very limited reading and teachings on buddhist issues it appears to me that karma is highly misunderstood and confusing. The way I understand a little part of it is that by my thoughts I create a seed in my mind. This seed will grow and come to fruition at some point in the future - maybe even future lives if you believe in that. If I sow positive seeds i.e. I am kind, and compassionate then when these seeds ripen it will have a positive impact for me and those around me. If however I sow negative seeds - such as minds of anger, greed, selfishness and attachment then when they ripen negative things will happen. We can see small examples of this all the time in our own lives.

          One personal example I can give is from when I went on holiday a few years ago. We were double booked and then put into a completely unsuitable room. I had been given a really inspiring teaching a few days before about how we are always waiting to be happy - waiting until everything is just so. So I tried to put it into practice and the next day when the rep came there were several very angry parties who gave him a hard time. I waited to the end and tried to deal with him as compassionately as possible. I think in a small way because of this he ensured that we had a decent level of compensation without me asking for this in any way shape or form. This is maybe not the best example but I think you can get the idea..

          Maybe I have made you more confused but this is my take on it so far.

          Stuart

          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 1, 2010
            Hi Stuart,
            My experience of what you write also reveals the truth that you share here. One of the basic problems with "seeds" is that the seed (in the beginning)  does not have any idea of the fruit and flowers it holds within. The blueprint of growth remains invisible and is hidden in the unknown. A certain level of awareness is necessary before one is able to see potential and directions of growth process. This alone highlights the importance of "intuition" as a means of conscious growth. Trusting in the inknown in the face of lifes challenges is often our greatest ally in growth process.

            The other thing about seeds is that they take their own time to ripen and they need a "right" environment for growth to happen. For example this site is a right environment that encourages growth of seeds. Without the right/nourishing environments seeds cannot bloom. Potential can remain unrealised. Sometimes a seed sits in our being for a very long time before it reveals its inner wisdom. What helps is "holding" the seed or the "sentence" or the unknown word that has in some way touched you. It triggers a feeling of "I know that I know......its just not conscious yet." I find to hold these things in the heart under the watchful eye of positive intention and wanting to know.....is also helpful. Simply looking at it again and again even if it takes weeks, months or years will help. I think its important not to dismiss that which we do not understand fully, but rather stay with it a little while.....meditating.....recollecting oneself.....in the wonder of it all.

            Kind regards Sadhana

            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 1, 2010
              Hi Sadhana

              That is interesting - but makes sense - thankyou. What I should have also said is that I believe all seeds that ripen (both positive and negative) have the ability to add to our knowledge and growth as long as we meet them in the right way - which is the hard bit.

              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 2, 2010
                Hi all
                I am from South Africa and I would like to know more about White Tantra Yoga as well as the Red Tantra aspect for fulfilment and abundance in terms of intimacy. If anyone has advice in terms of techniques I can practice at home to achiveve success, I will be most grateful for that.
                Namaste
                Nash

                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 2, 2010
                  Hi Sadhana

                  I like this post. I believe that things come to us when we need them and when we can understand them. Like you say sometimes we need to hold things we don't fully understand in reserve and something will change in our lives to make the understanding - the light bulb moment. thankyou.