Re: Nick

  • jayvare@snowisp.com
    Message 1 of 13 , May 1, 2008
      Hi Nick.
      Thank you for your nice words and I do like to reach out a helping hand where ever I can.
      My nature tranquility has been spoiled by the South Easter wind we get in the summer and it's suppose to be long gone by now. But it means that I have to apologize to the plants in the garden for having to stand being blown hither and dither.
      Then I have three neighbors, one is 92, another with Alzheimers and one that lives in the middle with a very sick husband. The one with Alzheimers lives with her sister, but her cat is full of fleas, so I will have to get some anti-flea stuff for the poor thing. Then tomorrow I have to visit someone else in the beginning stages of Alzheimer's and since all she does is crochet, I am well supplied with crochet clothes. I even have one that covers everything I take along in my basket when I go for chemo therapy.
      My husband has promised to buy me a rocking chair for the back porch, I can then rock away, while chatting to the mountain, a quarter of a mile from our house. In the same time I can finally start teaching myself how to crochet. I am starting with baby blankets, that will go to the local hospital where so many babies leave with their mother, wrapped in an old sheet or sweater and I reckon when you first enter this world, you deserve a decent crocheted or knitted blanket, especially if the rest of your life is going to be one of misery, if miracles don't finally start raining down on the very poor here.
      Do have a nice day, I hope peace swept your road this morning.
      With lovingkindness.
      Jacqui.
    • spunday7s@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 13 , May 3, 2008
        I agree. I doubt that Tom was the one spamming. The other day I got a spam from myself! I couldn't believe someone could use my email address like that. I hope you will stay in the group, Tom.

        Blessings

      • jan2333@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 13 , May 3, 2008
          yes also agree with both of you... I get soo much spam on my work address and who knows where it comes from.....
          also I think Nick has a great point about the obstacles or the opportunity an obstacle can represent. Usually if something is unnerving to us we look externally and want to push it away. What I like about Lovingkindness and insight is to look within and understand and observe the relationship you have to the obstacle. Why do you feel the way you do? Is the feeling getting stronger or weaker when I observe it etc.
          Looking at it from this perspective the people who annoy us or who we have a difficult relationship with can become our greatest teachers.

          --- spunday7s wrote:

          > I agree. I doubt that Tom was the one spamming. The other day I got a spam from myself! I couldn't believe someone could use my email address like that. I hope you will stay in the group, Tom.
          >
          > Blessings
          >
          > --- Nick wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi Tom Its pity you have been blamed like this.But may be,spammers just used
          > > your e-mail as a gateway.Things like this happens,and any one who is long enough
          > > on web knows it.Many has this experience,so just be calm,and do contribute to
          > > the forum. Every one should remember,this is "Lovingkindness" forum,if we can't
          > > be loving and forgiving in this forum,specially for such a trivial issue,what
          > > can we practice in real trying situation?This should be just taken as a practice
          > > test. All be blessed with love and kindness. Nick
          > >
          > > Shoot for the moon,even if you fail,you'll fall among stars.

        • Nick
          Message 4 of 13 , May 3, 2008
             Hi Jan,
            You are right about those people can be our teacher.Only thing I'll like to add is, may be those are the people who needs lovingkindness most.this may be their way of asking for it.
            All be blessed with wisdom,compassion and peace.

            ymailto="mailto:medwaytom%40hotmail.com">medwaytom@...>

          • DianeIY
            Message 5 of 13 , May 3, 2008
              Well said.
              I believe we are all members of this group becuase we
              realize that we have power to choose how we react. I
              often would jump to anger and defensiveness in
              situations when I really was just reacting to my
              negative perceptions.

              Diane

            • judyleesimon@yahoo.com
              Message 6 of 13 , May 5, 2008
                I struggled with my knee-jerk reactions for years, and I can finally claim some success in this area. I do my best to respond and not react. I don't understand exactly what happens to some people when they get on the internet. Its like a big anonymous punching bag where you are free to swing at anyone. Like minkus said, I can react to my own negativity and prehaps this is what others on the internet are doing.