You are..

  • kiran dasaur
    Message 1 of 16 , Mar 1, 2010

      March 1,2010
      Dear All
      A very good morning
      Have a wonderful day with lots of Love,
      Happiness, Kindness, Joy,Faith, Hope,
      Good Health, Compassion, Humility, Empathy
      Generosity, Serenity and Peace around you.
      God Bless you all.Take care.

      EXPERIENCE IS NOT WHAT HAPPENED TO A MAN
      IT IS
      WHAT A MAN DOES WITH WHAT HAPPENS TO HIM..

      YOU ARE..

      There is really only one person to whom
      you need to confide your power,
      and that person is you.
      Remind yourself often of just how
      powerful you are and then believe it.
      With each reminder your power will increase
      and the control you have over your own destiny will strengthen. For in this world,
      we do not become who we want to be
      by telling others.
      We become who we want to be
      by convincing ourselves that we already are.

      May you always be aware
      of just how powerful you are.

      May you also be aware that
      you are loved beyond measure.

      Until tomorrow,
      may your day be filled
      with all things good,

      WITH LOVE

      THE BEST GIFT: FORGIVENESS
      THE BIGGEST STUMBLING BLOCK: EGOTISM.
      There are no unanswered prayers.
      Sometimes the answer is 'NO'.
      Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak,
      Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen.

    • Isabelle Efstathiou
      Message 2 of 16 , Mar 1, 2010
        Dearest Kiran

        Thank you for such a powerful message!
        Much Appreciated As Always!

        In Loving Kindness
        Isabelle

        Message 3 of 16 , Mar 1, 2010
          Kiran,

          Thank you for the kind sharing.

          I absolutely agree with "there are no unanswered prayers". The key is not to pray for what we want, but to be in tune with the rhytm of Nature and go along with the welling up and down, contracting and expanding action, which is the very core of Nature.

          I just realize that without personal interests, we can really enjoy the ride. There should be no prayers at all, in my opinion. It is just letting nature be at work.

          The definition of Power is paradoxical compared to the normal term. Power does not mean the capability to control the world, but merely to let go. The more power means the more we can let go.

          Success, Money, Happines is not the measurement of progression, they are just side effects.

          Regards,
          Bobby Hadipraja

            Message 5 of 16 , Mar 1, 2010
              "Power does not mean the capability to control the world, but merely to let go. The more power means the more we can let go. Success, Money, Happines is not the measurement of progression, they are just side effects."

              Slightly mixed up there - they are the ingredients not the main dish - if you work merely for them, isn't it akin to selling your very soul? I've always believed if I do work that's totally dedicated I get far more than I ever anticipated.

              The boomerang happens when I tear the very fabric of what I have stood for in a bid to learn anew.

              Decontruct, tear asunder to shreds.. annihilate and new ideas emerge without the baggage of old wisdom

              Warm Regards
              Archana Jha

              Message 6 of 16 , Mar 2, 2010
                So true, after all we do not get what we want but we get what we are.
                Go well today.
                Jacqui.
              • Bobby Hadipraja
                Message 7 of 16 , Mar 8, 2010
                  Very deep sharing indeed.
                  Q: What does "sin" mean in this new paradigm of thinking? Is it considered as necessary steps towards the self learning process? Can it be avoided? The right path of life is said to be the one with the least co-ercion. Boy, how difficult it is sometimes to fight the temptation of sin! But if we fight against it, co-ercion comes up. Just out of curiosity.

                  Message 8 of 16 , Mar 9, 2010
                    What's your version of sin?

                    Who's a saint?

                    A planned killing in cold blood is sin. A deliberate act designed to harm another is sin.

                    Read Hawthorne's "The Scarlet Letter" to get an insight into the Puritan forefathers' judgment.

                    Coercion is arm-twisting - when there's no exercise of volition.

                    Warm Regards
                    Archana Jha

                      Message 10 of 16 , Mar 11, 2010

                        No, Carolee we don't. Is it nice?.
                        Jacqui.

                      • Carolee Smith
                        Message 11 of 16 , Mar 11, 2010
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUZwdbeS2mM, and I wish I could send you last night's show.  It was very good.  It was about these kids in a choir winning a singing competition.  Excellent show, but not on youtube yet to show you.

                          Message 12 of 16 , Mar 20, 2010
                            Sorry for the late reply. Just got back.
                            My version of sin: In order to avoid it, we should not view it as an enemy. It has to be deconstructed from all its commonly known labels (God displeasing, karmic consequences, punishment, hell etc). Only then, can we see it through to the bottom of it, i.e: the Ego as the culprit of all the deluding excitement in sin. There is no added value behind it at all, but just illusion of getting something better. An opportunity to sin without having guilty feeling, but with the proper awareness will make sin powerless without any slightest effort of leading a sinless life.

                            I would like to quote a teaching by Chogyam Trungpa from the book "Ocean of Dharma" that relates to me very well on this subject:

                            START WITH EGO

                            Ego is, in a sense, a false thing, but it isn't necessarily bad.
                            You have to start with ego, and use ego, and from there it
                            gradually wears out, like a pair of shoes. But you have to use
                            it and wear it out thoroughly, so it is not preserved. Otherwise,
                            if you try to push ego aside and start perfectly, you may
                            become more and more perfect in a rather one-sided way,
                            but the same amount of imperfections is building up on the
                            other side, just as creating intense light creates intense darknes
                            as well.

                            Message 13 of 16 , Mar 20, 2010
                              interesting but not my reality - sin for me is anything that harms another being with the express intention of harming that being - while walking in the botanical gardens two days ago i was amazed by the beauty of the flower-strewn path - I think these are called palash flowers and they're blooming in glory right now - it was sort of impossible not to step on those flowers and crush them - not that there's life in the flower but to me to deliberately step on those flowers and stamp out their beauty is akin to sin - and you're right that intense light can lead to intense darkness as well but intense darkness is the well-spring of light for me - a salmon springs and rises against the tide - what grace and beauty - it's easy to go with the flow but harder to stay with the powers that terrify and push you to the extreme forcing you to offer your best fight for light.

                              I shared something just because I feel there's a deeper question in your post. that's all - no intention to impress anyone.

                              Warm Regards
                              Archana Jha

                                Message 15 of 16 , Mar 24, 2010
                                  Archana,

                                  Thank you for the kind personal sharing of your inner experience. It is beautiful.
                                  But I would continue with my journey enjoying both sides, light and dark equally.
                                  Enjoy your journey and it's has been nice to exchange the sharing.

                                  Regards,
                                  Bobby Hadipraja

                                  Message 16 of 16 , Mar 25, 2010
                                    :)