Ziba Gibson discovery

  • gaelstar@att.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 21, 2012
      Need more descendants of Ziba Gibson for dna testing. We have confirmed the dna of two descendants of Ziba Gibson through his son Nelson Gibson and there have been two other descendants of Thomas Gibson that has tested. The results are surprising: the dna of Nelson Gibson does not match the dna of Thomas Gibson. Both are reported to be sons of Ziba Gibson. The two descendants of Nelson Gibson tested 111 markers. Each descended from different sons of Nelson Gibson. The Thomas Gibson descendants that tested only tested 25 marker and both descend from the same son of Thomas Gibson. Both Nelson and Thomas Gibson had a number of sons. We would like to have dna samples of descendants of other sons of the two. Dna testing is unraveling a lot of misconceptions concerning the Ziba Gibson line. The Nelson Gibson line is showing up in deep ancestry testing in a Welsh cluster which includes other surnames such as Griffin, Thomas, Sharp, Davenport, Hodnett and others. This does confirm family tradition that my Gibson line was from another surname. I'm wondering if any one connected with the Thomas Gibson group can tell me if their dna results have close match with any other surnames.The results of the Nelson and Thomas Gibson descendants can be found at http://www.worldfamilies.net/surnames/gibson/
      Please contact me at gaelstar@... if you have any question or would be interested in joining the dan project.
      Thanks
      Ernest Johnson