program to factor cubic integer

  • yanggreat@ymail.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 27, 2011
      Hi all,
      Does someone have a program implementing special number field or could provide some useful reference ?
      That would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
      regards,
      Yang
    • Walter Nissen
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 28, 2011
        On Sun, November 27, 2011 13:59, yanggreat@... said:

        Hi ,

        > Does someone have a program implementing special number field or
        > could provide some useful reference ?

        SNFS and GNFS seem to be implemented by the same code,
        except you provide the polynomial.
        wikipedia has 2 articles :
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_number_field_sieve
        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_number_field_sieve

        If you could provide the number, or at least, how many
        digits wide it is, someone who knows more than I do
        might be able to give you some specific suggestions.

        Cheers,

        Walter
        http://upforthecount.com