Re: msieve in more machine

  • paul76193
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 2, 2011
      Look here -
      http://gilchrist.ca/jeff/factoring/nfs_beginners_guide.html

      The python script contains some basic methods to use on multiple machines, at least for the sieving step. This is actually good for up to 100 machines or so, as long as they are on the same Ethernet. For extremely large projects, you need to make your own code for distribution, but if you examine the python script, it is actually quite simple. You need to check the latest code for msieve from sourceforge for steps to enabling MPI as well. This will greatly speed the Linear algebra step. Also, strongly recommend compiling the latest Cuda source from the SVN of msieve, for the polynomial step. There have been some recent improvements in the svn (not the main code yet) which greatly speed curve finding on larger curves.
      Hope that points you in the right direction!