1024-bits

  • Guirgis Sameh
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 13, 2010
      Hi

      Does GGNFS suppots 1024 bits? if no, what is the alternative package.
      I know the time to factor 1024 bits is too much but I want to work on one step of ggnfs in my master.

      Thanks in advance

      Guirgis

    • chris2be8
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 14, 2010
        --- In ggnfs@yahoogroups.com, Guirgis Sameh <guirgis.sameh@...> wrote:

        > Hi
        >
        > Does GGNFS suppots 1024 bits? if no, what is the alternative package.
        > I know the time to factor 1024 bits is too much but I want to work on one step
        > of ggnfs in my master.
        >
        > Thanks in advance
        >
        > Guirgis

        AFAIK it doesn't support 1024bit GNFS. No one has ever tried a number large enough to hit a limit of the software rather than a limit of sieving time or enough memory to solve the matrix. And I'm not sure if it could even select a suitable polynomial in a reasonable time, you would need to use msieve on a GPU to have any chance.

        Ask on http://mersenneforum.org/ if you want more details of where the limits are.

        Chris K