Setup.

  • kevin762401
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 6, 2010
      I managed to get Msieve running. As far as I am aware, it uses the quadratic sieve for factoring large integers. Apologies for the question, but how does one past this:

      Could not find the program: msieve.
      Did you set the paths properly in this script?
      They are currently set to:
      GGNFS_BIN_PATH = ../
      MSIEVE_BIN_PATH = ../

      Which directory, if any, are these supposed to lead to?
    • chris2be8
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 7, 2010
        --- In ggnfs@yahoogroups.com, "kevin762401" <kevin762401@...> wrote:

        > I managed to get Msieve running. As far as I am aware, it uses the quadratic sieve for factoring large integers. Apologies for the question, but how does one past this:
        >
        > Could not find the program: msieve.
        > Did you set the paths properly in this script?
        > They are currently set to:
        > GGNFS_BIN_PATH = ../
        > MSIEVE_BIN_PATH = ../
        >
        > Which directory, if any, are these supposed to lead to?

        I assume you are trying to use factmsieve.py. If so the paths are set at about line 60 in it (depending which version you have).

        They need to be set to the directories the GGNFS and msieve binaries are in respectively. The format depends on what OS you are running.

        On Linux try:
        find ~ -name msieve
        find ~ -name gnfs-lasieve4I12e
        Those should tell you where msieve and the GGNFS binaries are (assuming they are in your home directory). Putting the pathname from output into factmsieve.py should work.

        Chris K