The log should say what lattice siever was selected.

  • chris2be8
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 3, 2009
      Hello,

      I was reviewing how long various runs took and noticed that neither the log nor the summary say which lattice siever was selected by factMsieve.pl. Which makes it harder to decide which to use in a borderline case.

      One of them should record everything likely to have any affect on how fast it runs.

      Chris K
    • billrea65
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 3, 2009
        Hello,

        If someone is going to tweak factMsieve.pl another enhancement
        would be to automatically select gnfs-lasieve4I15e or
        gnfs-lasieve4I16e when necessary as these are available.
        The following section only has three choices.

        $LATSIEVER_L1=$GGNFS_BIN_PATH."/gnfs-lasieve4I12e".$EXEC_SUFFIX;
        $LATSIEVER_L2=$GGNFS_BIN_PATH."/gnfs-lasieve4I13e".$EXEC_SUFFIX;
        $LATSIEVER_L3=$GGNFS_BIN_PATH."/gnfs-lasieve4I14e".$EXEC_SUFFIX;
        $LATSIEVER=$LATSIEVER_L1; # Just a default.

        I factored a C152 with GNFS which required almost 40 million
        relations. I suspect I would have been better using gnfs-lasieve4I15e.

        Bill Rea